29) Ever peeled a banana before? Imagine that but with someone's face.

A/n: includes 1(one) depiction of slight gore. Basically the title.

There was a person sitting down, with a thick chain keeping their ankle close to the farthest wall. There was a good amount of straw cushioning the floor, and a magic light in the corner, easily illuminating the room.

This cell was a comfortable one compared to the ones located further down the hall, since the prisoner's sentence had not been decided yet. There was a blurry mess of information surrounding the case, which was why this visit was important for more than just matching a voice to a dream.

The prisoner in question was wearing plain clothes; just pants and a sleeveless shirt, all of which were light brown in color. His hair was bright orange, but his eyes were unfocused and white, indicating the blindness magic.

As the door creaked shut again, Alberu spoke.

"Oh? I didn't know they treated prisoners this well. I should have a talk with the guards after this."

Cale had not moved an inch from where he was standing, which was partially behind Alberu. His breathing was still uneven, but he had managed to calm down a little.

Seeing this person who looked like Hans was making him confused, but he remained silent.

The fake Hans froze for a few seconds before responding with a small smile that sent shivers down Cale's neck.

"Your highness, for what reason have you visited me?"

Alberu paused a bit. He didn't recall ever meeting this person. It was suspicious that his identity had been found out only from his voice alone.

"... I'm here to ask some questions. Please make sure to cooperate."

"Hmm~ I'll see if I can."

Cale's heart felt like it was beating out of his chest. He was definitely feeling emotion, but it was hard to pinpoint which one it was. His mouth felt dry and his hands clammy.

Running a hand through his hair, Alberu continued talking. He was also feeling strange talking to this person who might have crazy feelings for him. It was giving him chills.

"What is your full name?"

"Ah, I'm sorry, your highness. I'm afraid I don't have one."

The more the fake Hans talked, the more Cale felt like something was wrong. It was on the tip of his tongue. Something about this person was making his mind go into overdrive, trying to fish out some hidden memory which could explain what was so off about this scene.

"Hmm. You mentioned earlier that you were subjected to mind control, and that you were also a victim of kidnapping alongside Cale Henituse."

Cale's shoulders tensed, and he subconsciously observed every minute change in the fake Hans' expression.

"Ah... Yes. I assume you have received similar information from the baron, have you not?"

"Indeed."

Cale could see the fake Hans smile ever so much.

"But, there is only so much trust we can put in a criminal's words. You understand, correct? My informants are currently trying to settle this whole affair in record time, so please remain patient."

The smile vanished.

"... I see. Of course, I will still cooperate."

"Good. Next question. You said you were on the run from debt collectors when you were kidnapped because of your resemblance to Cale Henituse's butler. Would you elaborate on that?"