14) The Fun Chapter

A/n: Some of this is copy paste from the novel, but it's edited and important for story flow. Credit to Yoo Ryeo Han for those parts.

Includes slightly graphic violence

"Young master Cale!"

Amiru called out to him, but then looked toward the royal family. These were two very strong explosions.

Of course, Cale knew that. But he absolutely wasn't going to just stand there as the collapsed suicide bomber snuck a teleportation scroll out of his pocket, ready to tear.

Tak...Tak...Tak.

Nobody stopped him, and most people intended to watch what he would do. The only ones preparing to stop him were the royal family, but they were also hesitant.

They all held their breath as Cale Henituse knelt down onto one knee, and yanked something out of the man's shaky hands. Cale then walked over to a royal mage and handed it over.

"A teleportation scroll."

The mage physically recoiled when they saw the blank look in Cale's eyes, as if he wasn't fully there.

Cale then walked back over to the man. This all happened in about 20 seconds. He was much more efficient than Zed at dramatically walking.

He then knelt down again, this time on both knees, flipped the bomber on his back, and checked his pulse.

"Still alive. Do you need to keep him that way?"

His question was directed towards the royal knight which was standing closeby, but everyone who heard it felt chills. It was Alberu Crossman who responded.

"Y, yes, that would be optimal. Thank you for retrieving the scroll, but we can handle him from here. You should rest."

Alberu walked slightly closer to Cale, but still kept within the bounds of the royal family mana shield.

Everybody expected Cale to concede.

"Good, good... I'll keep him alive then."

"What? What do you mea—"

Crack!

Silence once again descended upon the crowd. Cale Henituse had acted against the crown prince, and just landed a nose-breaking punch on the bomber.

Meanwhile, in Cale's mind...

'I'll punch you for every wrongdoing you have committed against me.'

'Starting with how you knocked hyung-nim unconscious.'

Punch.

'I lost my arm.'

Punch.

'If Basen had come here, he would've been injured too, or even dead.'

Punch.

'Amiru and Gilbert were hurt.'

Punch, punch.

'All those innocent civilians who lost their lives.'

Punch.

'All those who were injured.'

Punch.

'All the people you traumatized, even if they came out unscathed.'

Punch.

'All the architecture you destroyed.'

Punch.

'... All the plants and animals you killed.'