10) Cale gets Complimented <3

A/n: Some of this is copy paste from the novel, but it's edited and important for story flow. Credit to Yoo Ryeo Han for those parts.

"Mr. Cale of the Henituse family, that is responsible for the edge of our Northeastern region. It may be my first time meeting you, but, thanks to Count Deruth's good work, we are no longer afraid of the Forest of Darkness. You don't know how reassuring that is for me and everyone else."

Cale had one goal while coming here today. Don't draw unwanted attention. The crown prince was making this very difficult. Complimenting a trash with so much enthusiasm, real or fake, would naturally draw people's attention.

"I heard that Mister Cale is a very free spirit. I'm sure this is because the artistic souls of the sculptures in the Henituse territory have given you an epiphany? I feel like your free spirit makes your soul very pure."

It was probably difficult to find praise for someone who was famous for being a trash like this. In that aspect, the crown prince was amazing.

However, he had no choice but to talk good about Cale, as long as Cale does not do anything trashy in this gathering. The royal family wanted the Northeast under their control as well. Furthermore, there were no members of royalty who would despise someone like Count Henituse, who ruled over his territory very well.

Cale firmly grabbed the crown prince's hand, as he chose his next words carefully.

The crown prince had blonde hair and was wearing a formal outfit. Cale had his red hair and a formal outfit as well. Both of them looked relaxed, at least on the outside. Cale's calm, almost tired-sounding voice filled the air.

"Yes, it's an honor to meet your highness. And thank you for the kind compliments. This young master will remember this day for years to come."

Cale's response was short, using only the bare minimum which was socially acceptable in a royal greeting. It was all bullshit.

"... Is that so?"

But the crown prince seemed confused for a moment, before his expression returned to normal. Cale did not miss this change. It seemed he was expecting something different and more fitting for a trash.

This was why acting outside of expectations was so entertaining.

Cale continued on in a lower voice, as he tried to suppress a yawn.

"Indeed, your highness. I may not be able to sleep at night now that I have personally met you."

'How ironic. I never sleep much anyway.'

Eric's jaws dropped, while Gilbert and Amiru could not help but look at Cale in disbelief. Cale could see the crown prince starting to think. He felt like he had taken another step toward flying under the radar.

Many people in the room were also perplexed by the sight of Cale Henituse talking normally with the crown prince. What, did they think he would cause a fit in front of royalty? Some nobles really had their heads so far up their asses they couldn't think rationally.

Doing such a thing would endanger not only his family name, but also his life.

"... Mister Cale seems to be a bit different than the rumors. I hope we get the chance to meet again, you seem like an interesting person."

The crown prince was saying something, but Cale was too busy thinking about what not to say, so he just casually responded with something instinctual.

"Your highness, such a statement is only flattery. I would believe you more easily if you knew my personality from personal experience, and still said the same thing."