Chapter 1 ( assignment )

It's raining. Your eyes blood shot as you are looking though the scope of your sniper, raindrops going onto the lends. As you wipe them away to get a better look at your target, you hear over the coms " y/n do you see the target ?" Shepherd spits though the mic "yes sir. Permission to engage sir." You answer quickly. "Yes."

That's all Shepherd had to say, then your assignment was complete. Now all you need to do is get your ass out of there. You quickly put your sniper on your back, you crawl away from your previously concealed spot and, walk towards a small shack behind you, shielding you from the rain . " Target has been eliminated, assignment was successful sir. Request for transport back to base sir." You ask while water drips down from your helmet onto your chest. You wait for a answer. " Request granted, 2 Klicks West is where you will be picked up in 0400 hours [4am] make way quickly soldier."

It's 3:26am you make a note to yourself as you look at the time on your watch. As you step away from the shack that once covered you from the rainfall you quick start making your way West.

This was one of just many missions you went on alone with no one to help you. You liked the fact that you didn't have to rely on anyone nor make sure no one dies on you, but it did worry you as what would happen if you failed a mission. Who would be able to be sent out just as quickly to take over said mission. You shake these thoughts away, as you stop jogging and begin to walk. You think to yourself " I have time to kill might as well just walk from here." As you walk the rain above you begins to roar and heavy. You always loved the rain when it thundered and poured out onto the streets and buildings, but right now it was annoying the shit out of you. Your boots muddy from the wildlife around you with no concrete to hear the rain slap on. Instead just your helmet. You continue to walk and, you start to think to yourself again.

You really just wiped out a whole building of Russian soldiers all by yourself. You laugh to yourself in pride as normally a whole squad or two would have to be sent out, but you did it all by yourself sitting in the same spot just having the men file right behind your line of sight. You take honor in your job being the one who can do these types of missions alone. You specialize in snipers and medics. Not to much on medication anymore. You focused on that when you first joined the military at 18, being a medic helping your brothers in battle. But that all changed when in one mission your whole squad was killed and all you had was a sniper. Thats how you found your talent, found yourself. And that's when the government found one of their best snipers.

As your thinking about the old days of helping with small wounds and such, you think to yourself that it would be nice to get back into that line of military again, you brush the idea off as you arrive to your told location. You look around and find a tree to sit under. You bring your watch to your face 3:53 you sigh in relief as you close your eyes to rest from looking through the sniper with out blinking for what felt like hours.

Eventually right on time you hear the roaring of the car that was sent to pick you up. You stand up walking towards the car. The car parks by you, you grab the handle of the passenger seat door and open it expecting to see the same driver as the person who had dropped you off just 2 hours before but instead you see someone else which caught you off guard.

You clime into the Jeep and look at the man who's driving, he looks at you " The name is Price, Captain Price. It's a pleasure to meet you y/n." He takes his hand off the wheel to receive a handshake from you, you oblige. You look at him head crooked in confusion " It's a pleasure as well Captain Price, question. Why are you driving me what happened to the man before?" You question. As Price looks back at you he begins to speak " Well Shepherd sent me out to fetch you, you are getting on your next mission which I am captain of, there is already a team waiting for your arrival." You nod at the information given to you " Captain, what would I be doing on this mission?" Price still looking into the muddy dirt road ahead of him answers. " As a medic."

You snap your head towards Price " Excuse me?" You say in disbelief. "Sir I haven't done medical work in over 4 years!" "I know." He cuts you off. "I picked you as our medic mainly because of your sniping ability's . Damn near every medic won't be able to handle this mission but you...You can." He smiles while saying this. You look at Price "Yes sir I understand. How many people will I have to take care of?" You ask " 4. You'll meet them tomorrow." You nod.

The conversation ends at that. You put your head against the window listening to the rain thud against the metal vehicle and the thunder shake the ground. You close your eyes for much needed rest. You haven't had a to day rest in over a weeks mission after mission assignment after assignment, sometimes 2 in one day. And now they are dumping a new one on you. You hope that this will be easy. As you focus on the rain you feel your body fall into slumber.

Authors note: this is my very first fanfic I have ever wrote thank you for reading this! Please give me any ideas and or corrections in my text thank you for your time (: