Chapter 18 ( home )

A few days had gone by, Soap and already gotten back to training, making sure to keep it easy on himself. You on the other hand, were struggling to get out of bed.

Price had explained to you the day prior that you would be stuck in the med bay for as long as it takes for you to recover. You had asked him why weren't you sent back to home base which he explained to you.

"I talked to the higher ups, they wanted you to be sent back. But I told them that it's a little too risky to keep flying planes and helicopters around this area as people will start getting suspicious." He then took a long sigh as he rubbed his temples. "I hope you understand why we can't send you back." You nod softly as you look at your calf that was bandaged. "Yes sir I understand."

That brings you to now, using your bed for support as you try to stand. The door opens as Simon steps inside. You look at him with a large smile, as he looks at you with concerned eyes.

"Let me walk to you!" You say as you attempt to step towards him, you quickly lose your balance as you feel yourself falling. Simon quickly saves you from the fall, by allowing you to fall onto him instead of the ground.

"You're going to have to take it more easy then that Smalls." His accent was thick as he spoke, he sounded tired as he sighed.

"Smalls? Who the hell you calling small?" You snap at him trying to play off the fall. "You." He answered bluntly, as you frowned at him. After a moment he guided you in front of him, as he held your hands.

You feel your face flush up as he guided you around the room slowly, as he never let go eye contact. He then lead you back to your bed and sat you down for you to rest.

"You're doing great, I'm proud of you." You face flushes up even more then before as you smile at him. "Thank you Simon. That means a lot." He nods his head, while he stands up.

"But. I don't want to find out that you're walking by yourself again." His tone changed as if he was giving you a order. "Why not?" You question. "I don't need to give you a reason." He huffed as he made his way towards the door with his back turned to you.

He then stopped before he opened the door. "Did König come in here?" He sounded angry. As you were about to answer yes you remembered that they had gotten into a argument. "No." He stayed there for a moment before he made his way out, as you sat there in silence yet again.

A uncertain about of time went by when you suddenly hear Soap step inside, he looks at you with a large smile as he makes his way to you.

"Who wants some grub!" He said as slid his arm around you and gave you a hug, while his other hand was holding a bag.

He then pulled out a box of the dessert that Ghost had bought you. You happily snatch the box out of his hand as you quickly begin eating it. "It's so good!" You practically cry out as you've been craving something sweet for what seemed like forever as you weren't allowed to eat anything.

Soap lets out a loud chuckle as he looks at you stuffing your face. "That good?" He asks jokingly. "It's perfect." You quickly answer back covering your mouth as you spoke with your mouth full.

Finally you finish the dessert as you give the box back to Soap for him to throw away. As he makes his way back to after throwing the box away you pull his arm towards him.

"Help me walk around!" You say with a smile. He quickly moved back as he rubbed the back of his head. "No sorry I can't." He answered bashful. "What? Why not!" You ask demanding a answer. "Ghost asked me not too. He said you needed to rest."

You groan as you cover your face with your hands. "Why does he care so much! It's not like I'm going to die if I do!" You say annoyed. "I think you should listen to him." Soap answered as he took your hands away from your face.