2. 𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘵𝘳𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘐 𝘸𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳

[ Trigger warning: stalking ]

As the sun was slowly setting down, the girls finally managed to reach their destination. When they ordered and paid for whatever appeared to their tastes, all of them sat together at one of the free tables inside the café.

During their regular friendly conversations, Twilight's phone unexpectedly buzzed inside her bag. She picked it up and saw a message notification on her lock screen.

"Everythin' alright?" wondered Applejack.

"It's from my mom." Twilight told as she read the rest of the text messages, "My parents went on a trip, but it appears it has a lot of traffic due to a highway clearance, there are fallen rocks and trees all over the place."

"This reminds me... have you seen the news recently?" questioned Sunset and directed her attention to all of her friends.

"Nah, I was too busy with my soccer training for the final match." said Rainbow before drinking out of her soda.

"I'm afraid I didn't have time for watching any news these days either, I had to finish the designs of my new dresses for the summer fashion show." involved Rarity, "Why? Did something happen?"

Fluttershy gasped with a hand over her mouth and stared at Sunset, "Are you talking about the hiking accident? Oh, those poor people, they must have been so scared. I can't possibly imagine what they went through..."

Rainbow became curious, "Come again?"

"One of the hikers mentioned that they saw and heard something... unusual. Tall shadowy figures, loud metallic sounds, but before discovering the source, there was a sudden earthquake. And just like that, all of them got trapped by several mountain boulders, with no way of getting out." Sunset explained as she tried to repeat the same descriptions she had heard on the television. Terror could be seen on the others' faces.

"Is everyone okay?!" Twilight asked with a concerned tone in her voice.

"Only minor injuries, thankfully the rescue team came right on time. They sure had big luck out there." answered Sunset.

"Am I the only one who got goosebumps from this? Sounds spooky." Spike slightly shivered from the news. For the last few weeks, there have been plenty of unusual mishaps. As they began to arise more with each passing day, the group became increasingly doubtful about those unforeseen events.

"Wha do ah feel that it wasn't just an accident? " suspected Applejack.

"You mean that someone may have caused it? On purpose?!" followed Fluttershy as she turned to the cowgirl.

"Hmm, hmphm mumph phum mmpf!" muffled Pinkie with puffed cheeks, filled with ice cream.

Rarity coughed, "Don't talk with your mouth full." she quickly said and coughed again.

After the pink girl gulped, she apologized, "Hehe, sorry." then repeated, "AJ might be right! It definitely smells fishy to me too!"

"But what could possibly be the reason for someone to do such things in the first place??" Twilight wondered.

Sunset held the empty cup that was once filled with her favorite milkshake and stared down at it while listening to her friends' discussion. She didn't want to believe it was another issue related to magic, it couldn't be possible to cause so many troubles for such a short amount of time. Or could it? Was the magic really becoming more harmful than before?

"What do you think Sunset?" Twilight asked her but she didn't answer back, her mind was somewhere else.