9. 𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘢 𝘧𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮, 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺

Outside of the civilization, Bulkhead and Smokescreen along with their human charges were driving around and observing the vast forest for any sign or trace of their enemies. Alas, no matter how many times they searched, they couldn't find anything unordinary. Due to the long patrol, everyone eventually decided to take a small break and get some fresh air. When both Autobots parked in a perfectly hidden area where they could be hardly spotted or heard, they opened their doors for the girls to come out.

"Man, what a ride." said Smokescreen, while Pinkie hopped out of his alt-mode and finally was able to gain his robot form to stretch out.

"Kinda strange being so quiet and calm 'round here." Bulkhead added untrustworthily as he waited for Applejack to step out and transformed, "Not that I'm complainin', just suspicious."

"Maybe you scared those 'Cons so good they chickened out and decided to not mess with you guys again!" suggested Pinkie.

"Hardly the case, they usually don't give up so easily." her guardian informed.

"Are we gonna keep patrollin'?" asked Applejack and looked at Bulkhead.

"'Suppose not, we roamed all over the place. Think it's time for us to head back to our base." offered the green giant.

"Yay!!" Pinkie pounced in agreement and excitement.

"I will let them know." the young Autobot suggested and turned on his comm-link, "Smokescreen here, requiring a Groundbridge."

*Static*

Confusion formed on his face-plate by the unexpected silent noise, he made a second attempt, "Um, Smokescreen to base, do you read?"

*Static*

"Wha- This is Smokescreen to base, can anybot hear me? Hello??"

*Static*

"What's wrong?" asked Bulkhead.

"I don't get it, the comm-link was working perfectly fine just a klik ago!"

"Hold on, I will contact Prime." the bulkier robot put a digit on his audio-receptor, "Bulkhead to Optimus, come in."

*Static*

"Optimus, please respond."

*Static*

"Ah, scrap. No luck either."

Pinkie came up with a solution, "Wait, I can call Sunset!" but as soon as she did so, an automatic response from the phone service answered instead:

:: The number you have called is currently unavailable, please try again later.::

"Huh, that's strange, I can't reach her too..."

"Neither." Applejack responded as she did the same while trying to contact Rainbow Dash but failed, "Somethin' is definitely goin' on here."

"What do we do??" desperately questioned Pinkie.

Bulkhead was silent for a short while, then responded, "The only plan I can come up with for now is to go back and find the others. Come on, I don't think they are that far-" before the wrecker could end his proposal, he got interrupted by loud vrooming sounds and mid-range roars that could be heard coming from above the clear blue sky.