15. 𝘕𝘰 𝘥𝘦𝘧𝘦𝘢𝘵, 𝘸𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵

[ Trigger warning: injury, blood, PTSD ]

Light of the Groundbridge appeared at the bare area of a wild rocky forest. A white and orange fast-driving ambulance came out of the brightness and halted as soon as they realized they arrived at the spot. The blue sky wasn't clear anymore, big clouds floated from above, making the natural environment look darker and scarier than it was supposed to be. There was nothing besides the empty atmosphere and the sound of the rustling leaves hovering through the whispering wind.

"We are here." Ratchet alerted, Twilight and Spike peeped through his window next to the driver's seat where the girl was sitting. She remained in the vehicle for a short while, tapping her finger on the steering wheel, thinking. Numerous voices were running through her head, arguing with one another whether this was a good or a bad decision. She had a strong gut feeling about the whole mess, it could be a trap, but she had to risk it, there was still a chance they could find the others. The side mirror of the ambulance focused on her nervously staring at the forest. The girl came back to reality when the medical officer finally spoke, "Twilight, you don't have to do this."

Twilight pressed her lips, took a deep breath and sighed, "I have to. Our friends are somewhere there... and they need help. C'mon Spike." she told her dog, opened the door and stepped on the grass. Spike hesitated for a second but then he hopped down and sniffled around for any peculiar smells.

The ambulance's door closed itself and Ratchet cautioned, "You are only putting yourself into harm's way!" the girl ignored his comment and moved forward. The doctor grumbled, he converted into his robot form and followed them, "I can't believe I am leading you straight into their servos." he shook his helm, "Very unwise decision on my part."

Twilight gave him a glance from her shoulder, "It may be, but we don't have any other options now, do we? Isn't it better than doing nothing?"

"I cannot say you are wrong nor right at the moment. If Arcee finds out about this she will tear my head off."

The girl chuckled, "Don't worry, I will tell her it was my choice to come here in the first place, then she will most probably tear out mine."

"That does not make me feel any better."

Spike rapidly stopped at one place and looked at the duo, "Hey, guys! I think I got something!"

The robot and human's gaze turned to him, "Really?" Twilight asked in surprise.

Spike sniffled a bit more, "It's coming from... there!" the canine navigated and ran with his tiny paws through the bushes.

"Good job Spi- ayke!" before Twilight could rush to him she rapidly got scooped by Ratchet's servo.

The medical officer gently placed her up between his helm and shoulder-pad in case of any upcoming danger, "Don't even think about getting out of my sight, young lady."

The girl shot him a scowl, "You could've warned me before doing that, you know!" she scooted back and held herself tightly onto the robot's armor. Ratchet scoffed and stepped into the forest after the dog. As they passed through some trees and bushes, a distant fallen figure came into their view. What they found was an already dead Vehicon soldier, his back leaning on a tree and helm facing the ground with deep wounds and Energon leaking from his chest.

"What happened here...?" Twilight questioned in concern.

Spike slowly and carefully approached the immobile body of the fallen Decepticon and sniffled the blue liquid out of curiosity. Once the peculiar odor hit his nostrils, the dog grimaced in disgust and backed away, "Yuck, gross. Don't mean to offend you big guy but uh-- this smells awful."