7. 𝘞𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘦, 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘦

The rising sun created a rosy tone across the early morning sky. Golden fingers of sunlight spread across the scene. The apples glowed redder than they do in the daytime. Rays of light radiated throughout the branches of each tree. It was a party of splendid and aesthetic colors.

The peaceful morning was interrupted by a distant crowing sound. And it was coming from Sweet Apple Acres. It was the family farm and orchard of the Apples, located at the ends of Canterlot.

The main door of the farmhouse was slowly opened by Applejack. She stepped outside and carefully closed it behind her back, so as not to cause any creaking noises. Very quietly she walked towards the other side of her house and observed the area in case any family members were around at this early hour. What caught her off guard was the opened doors of the barn. She was certain she left them fully closed yesterday, before going to bed.

Someone was probably inside.

"Dang it!" she cursed under her breath. She had luck coming home in the middle of the night while everyone was asleep but this time... she was definitely going to be in trouble.

"I'm so screwed..." she gulped and nervously approached. After finally reaching the barn, she inhaled and put up a brave face, "Here goes nothin'." 

She slowly peeked inside and fortunately for her, she saw nothing except the piles of boxes, the hidden vehicle under the huge old car cover, and much to her surprise, hens wandering around all over the place.

The cowgirl became relieved and quickly shut the big doors right after her. Once she shooed the hens away, she removed the cover and greeted, "Mornin' Bulk!"

The dark green SUV's engine calmly whirred at her welcoming, "Good morning kiddo, how was your recha--err, sleep?"

"Took a while for mah brain to process everythin' that happened yesterday. But ah got plenty of sleep and enough energy for today, so it's peachy. Sorry for the messy barn by the way, if ah knew you were comin' ah would have tidied up a bit. Thank apples at least Big Mac took our old family truck for work and we got enough space to tuck you in. Did the chickens wake you up? How did they even get inside?"

"Hey, it's alright, at least they kept me company." Bulkhead chuckled, "But uh, a young girl came in this morning before you, took some baskets and left the barn open."

Upon hearing the last sentence Applejack became concerned and asked, "Did she saw ya?"

"Nah, guess she was in a hurry."

She let out an exhale, "Phew, I dunno what I would've made up if they spotted ya. Comin' up with a lie ain't one of my best traits, ya know?" she said, awkward smile resembled on her face while she sheepishly stroked the back of her neck.

"Yeah, I know, I know. Thanks for trying to keep us in secret, really appreciate."

"No problem, big guy." she warmly smiled and patted his hood, "Ready to go?"

"You know it." he replied. Applejack went to see if the coast was clear and since there was still no one, she moved away for him to park outside. After making sure the barn was closed, Bulkhead welcomed her by opening his front door. As she got in and buckled up her seat belt, his engine rumbled and finally set off.

"'Bout the girly you saw earlier, that was Applebloom, mah lil' sister. I suppose she took the baskets 'cause she and Granny Smith are gonna make some apple pies for the contest today. She may be a troublemaker sometimes but she is a really brave and good-hearted kid." she explained during their drive.

"Heh, kinda reminds me of an old friend of mine." responded Bulkhead.

"Really? Who?" Applejack curiously asked. He opened his glove compartment, when she spotted something inside, she took it and her eyes widened.