20. 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘣𝘰𝘳𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘭𝘥𝘪𝘦𝘳

"Sunset...?"

The Prime stared in disbelief at the shadow figure.

He took a step.

And another one.

As he approached at a slow pace, something seemed off the more he came closer to her. Just then, he halted when he caught the sight of her appearance more clearly. Every Autobot gaped in shock at the girl.

"O-Optimus? Is that you?" she asked, observing the Prime with squinted eyes. After that, she noticed how the other giants were watching her in alarm with their neon blue optics, "Why is everyone--" she winced as she tried to get up on her knees, "--staring at me like that?" she grimaced the second she touched her head that ached so much.

But something wasn't right...

She felt...

Metal.

Confusion and anxiety spread across her mind. Her focus was strange, it seemed like she was watching through a transparent display that presented a weird form of data with weird symbols on it.

They seemed familiar.

Her arm, it was all covered in smooth armor, with a mixture of red, yellow and orange colors. She had a servo instead of a normal organic hand. The female inspected her body, the same finish all over her. Even the ground seemed further from her vision than before.

Was she taller?

Her hands touched her face, it was all smooth metal.

"Sunset," the Autobot leader carefully walked up to her, "It is alright." he said in a calm and reassuring tone.

"W-What's going on?!" she questioned in fear as she looked around and saw a large Energon crystal that had fallen next to her.

She became entirely speechless when she was her reflection.

Sunset Shimmer was no longer a human.

She has become...

A Cybertronian.

"Young one." the Prime spoke softly, he kneeled to his charge and placed his servo on her shoulder-pad.

"I'm- I'm a..." she stuttered, her poor scared blue optics staring at her reflection in disbelief, not being able to assimilate the situation, wondering if this whole thing was even real.

He gently placed his other hand on her cheek to pull her out of the trance, her attention turned to him, "We will find a way to resolve this." promised Optimus, watching her with a tender expression. The frightened teenager quickly shut her eyes and threw the biggest hug she has ever given. The Prime became surprised for an instant but swiftly relaxed, he felt her tiny digits clinging to his frame, her form quivering. Optimus wrapped his arms around her metal body protectively, gently stroking her helm to soothe her down. He held her tight in his stronghold, he was afraid of losing her again. She was too dear to him, "You are safe now. I'm here."

During that moment, more voices were heard behind the robot girl. Optimus, Sunset and everyone else glanced at the rocks that moved and fell from several sides. Each one of them stood completely frozen and speechless at the figures who arose before them.