8. 𝘐 𝘸𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘨𝘰 𝘲𝘶𝘪𝘦𝘵𝘭𝘺 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

It was a fine day in Canterlot. The vibrancy of the city was bouncing as always and the streets were already humming with various activities. As the sunlight shone brightly during the daytime, birdsongs could be heard not only around the city but also from one particular animal shelter.

The Animal Rescue Center, where Fluttershy willingly participated as a volunteer. With great pleasure, she helped as much as she could and took care of any pets that were stray, unwanted, abandoned or even abused, while attempting to find suitable homes for them as well. Fortunately for her, today was one of those days when the other members of the animal rescue group were busy and she was left to look after the shelter by herself.

Her main responsibility was to take care of the saved birds that were injured by a recent forest fire, "There we go." she said after carefully treating and patching up one of the bird's burned wings, "Now remember, it will take some time to heal, so don't put too much pressure on it, okay?", in response the little birdy happily chirped at her and she chuckled, "You're very welcome".

"Uh-- Fluttershy?" a male voice spoke behind her. When she turned she saw her assigned guardian Bumblebee kneeling down, trying to feed the small flying creatures. The birds were settled comfortably all over him, some of them were on the top of his helm or shoulder-pads, others were eating seeds from his palms that he held gently, but the robot was too nervous to move, as not to scare them away, "I think they got too... attached."

Earlier, Bumblebee became curious about the animals that they were taking care of and since there was no one else around except the two of them, he gladly insisted on helping. Thankfully, the bird shelters were outside behind the Animal Center, so that made it easier for him to assist.

"Oh! Oh my, come along now, he is not a bird house." Fluttershy instantly and very cautiously told the birds, navigating each one to its own tiny home, "Thank you again for your patience, Bumblebee. I truly appreciate your help. I'm terribly sorry if I am taking part of your time."

"Are you kidding? This is incredible! I've rarely got the chance to meet up this close with one of Earth's creatures, I think they get too intimidated by our appearance when we try to approach them." he said while looking at the small bird, which was the last one left, standing on his index finger. Bumblebee moved his servo very slowly and steadily, close to its tiny house. The bird hopped on the dowel perch and gave a chirp as a gratitude.

"Oh no, that's not it. It's the way you approach them. You see, some are easy to connect with, while others may take some time to warm up. Loud noises and sudden motions could scare them away, that's why your voice should be calm and make slower movements, it makes them feel safe. Starting off with a scare can make it harder to connect if they feel threatened." she briefly explained.

Bumblebee smiled at her attentiveness and kindness towards the animals. He could clearly see how much she cares about them. It wasn't that often for him to relax and enjoy the little things surrounding him. After all, he spent all of his young life fighting in a war, surrounded by violence, destruction and other dreadful acts he didn't want to think of.

He was glad that he got the chance to enjoy some peace and quiet, even if it was only for a while, "Thank you, for the advice. I will definitely keep that in-!" before he could finish, a sudden call came from the comm-link, "Hold on." he stood up and began speaking with someone else through his audials, "This is Bumblebee, come in. Yes, she is with me. Alright, will be there, Bumblebee out." after ending the conversion, he turned to his human charge and sighed, "I suppose it's time for us to go, Optimus is waiting for us."

"Just a second, let me bring my backpack!" the girl ran off to search for her belongings. During that time, her guardian went to the other side of the animal shelter and looked around just in case they were any humans nearby. When he managed to gain the form of a vehicle, he parked right in front of the main exit of the shelter and patiently waited for his human companion to come. One last time, Fluttershy carefully checked if she hasn't forgotten anything important and after making sure that everything was all right, she went out, locked the front doors and ran to the automobile.