Prologue

Mute lightning cracked the skies outside the clear window. Clouds had come to gather to be witnesses of the beginning of something beautifully chaotic.

Enthralled girls flared the veil behind her slender form before setting it on her hair-do. She stood before the mirror in a cream-white wedding gown—luxurious, elegant, and beautiful. However, her face was devoid of any emotions, and her eyes were closed.

She looked like a sensational sculpture.

Nevertheless, something was amiss. Her smile.

Earlier, before getting ready for the big event, the hired senior photographer had lectured her with utmost seriousness—"whatever you do the whole day—dancing, talking, romancing, fighting—make sure to keep smiling. Natural, candid photos are the best. So, don't forget to grin broadly. I want you to be prepared for some fantastic shots at all times."

The poor photographer was going to be utterly disheartened by the end of the day. The much-demanded smile was yet to appear on the lips of the bride.

Furthermore, if someone looked more closely, they could notice the lines of despondency around her eyes.

"You look stunning, Victoria—" one of the ladies was saying.

They only saw the shell. They admired the beauty of a mask.

"Thanks," her expression was still bland.

Others looked at one another in confusion but didn't dare raise any questions about her weird behavior.

The door to the room banged open. It happened so suddenly that all the women in the room jumped—including the bride. All eyes turned to see none other than the groom stride into the doorway.

His eyes were stony, and his face serious. It was clear that he had not appeared out of romanticism.

"Adi," one of the women gasped. "You shouldn't be seeing your bride before she walks to the alter."

Nothing changed on his face.

"Out," he boomed, and the women jumped again, except Victoria. Instead, she sighed. "Everyone except my fiance."

None defied him getting the sniff of trouble.

When the last person closed the door after them, Adi strode near Victoria. "Why do I hear you're going on another trip after our wedding?"

"It's because I'm. And I planned it six months after the wedding." Victoria didn't back off as his towering form stood in front of her and his rich perfume surrounded her. Instead, she lifted her chin in defiance.

His eyes narrowed. "You were supposed to get rid of your silly hobby."

"It's my job, not a silly hobby, and I love doing it—"

"Are you saying that clicking photographs in dangerous places across the globe isn't silly!" Adi snarled, cutting her off. "Are you seriously going to be this immature and insane even after getting married?"

Victoria's nose flared in fury. This douchebag had called her so many things at the last damned minute. Adi was a sadistic, dominant, super-crazy douchebag who was never going to change in his entire freaking lifetime.

"The silliest thing would be marrying you," Victoria spat out through gritted teeth.

It didn't matter that he was an Indian prince.

She didn't care that he could buy several billionaires in the blink of an eye.

Eyes narrowed, Adi inched his face closer. As he talked, she smelt the alcohol that he had guzzled before facing her. "Yet marrying me would give you some form of ownership over the company your dead mother had built. Good thing your father took over it pretty fast after your birth. Women are not built to be in authority."