Chapter Eleven: The Scandal

The tabloids were on fire the next day.

The business tycoon Rex Davies' only daughter being a snobby spoilt brat, according to the CEO of a new fashion chain, the Wishing Star—was the hottest headlines of this week. Points—like she was a fraud and her entire family was equally as vain and proud of their status and money while threatening their opposition with forces like hired goons were focused on multiple times by the media.

Overnight, Victoria became the new villainess of the city.

The journalists didn't stop at that. They researched back into her school life, and surprisingly a few people came up to testify how vile, mannerless, and rude she was. As far as Victoria could recall—those were the people who never talked to her. She was never a party animal, which made her blur into the background for those who were. Besides, her father had always had his eyes set on her through his human CCTV camera—Ricky. Furthermore, she had never intentionally harmed anyone yet—except for pulpifying Adi's central part recently, and he totally deserved it.

The media also attempted to hunt for information from Victoria's workplace. Nevertheless, they only managed to get comments on the controversial scene between Victor and Victoria at the party from only one person—Ben.

Ben stated, "I'm utterly staggered by how vengeful that guy could get because of a simple button. He could have bought himself similar shirts or made some since he has his own fashion designers for the business. But like a psychopath, he's still hung on that one tiny button. How ridiculous!"

At least he hadn't put more dirt on her for a change, Victoria thought.

When she scanned the business news because she was obsessively checking everywhere how much damage Victor's outburst had caused her, she found a short video of Rex Davies getting chased by the journalists. 

They were brutally hurling all sorts of improper questions at him. Like the shrewd and composed businessman he was, Rex Davies offered them no replies at all.

"Mr. Davies, do you really hire goons to scare people away? If you do, does that mean you've connections to the mafia?"

"After settling in the states coming from your birthplace—India, you swiftly rose to the list of the most influential business people. Is it because of your brutal tackling of those around you—especially your opposition?"

"There are allegations that the Davies family is arrogant regarding their status, power, and wealth. What are your opinions about them?"

"What are your views about the people less fortunate than you?"

"How do you feel that you couldn't correctly raise your only daughter into a kind and respectful human being?"

"Your daughter is called snobbish and arrogant for being a rich daddy's child. How do you feel about it?"

"Do your family have an old enmity with the Wishing Star's CEO—Victor Jones, sir? Could you please answer the question? What type of relation he had with your daughter?"

In mid-sprint to his car, Rex Davies swung his head back and gave the cameras a menacing look. 

The paparazzi captured the exact moment of him giving that look. It was highlighted in slow motion. In a few hours, humorous memes were being made out of it and shared throughout all social media websites. It was like people had finally come to discover the real faces of the affluent people in society and were darkly cheerful about it. Furthermore, Rex Davies' business competitors came forward to add their comments—foul insinuations, to be specific but, of course, with a touch of respectfulness. It was like people had finally come to discover the real faces of the affluent people in society and were darkly cheerful about it.