Chapter 10

NAYEON'S POV

Argh, seriously?! Damn it! It's only the second day of school, and I'm already feeling stressed out.

"Where on earth is she?! Seriously, she's still not ready? Didn't she ask for plenty of time to get ready earlier? That was like two hours ago already! How is she still not ready?! We're supposed to be going to class, not some party," I grumbled, feeling increasingly irritated.

We're downstairs now, just waiting for Chaeyoung.

She's crashing with us because her parents are hardly ever home; they're always out of the country dealing with business stuff

She's crashing with us because her parents are hardly ever home; they're always out of the country dealing with business stuff. Understandably, she doesn't want to be alone at their place. She even came straight here after I picked her up from the airport. Just got back from a quick vacation in Japan.

"Hey, sis, take a breather. It's way too early to let stress hijack your morning vibe," my sister, Ryujin, soothes me with her usual calm demeanor.

I groan, feeling the tension knotting up in my temples. "Exactly! It's like she's on a mission to disrupt my peace," I mutter, rubbing my temples for relief.

Ugh! Why did she even bother transferring to our University when she was perfectly fine at SK University? It's frustrating dealing with her antics.

(A/N: SK stands for South Korea)

"Come on, sis, it's barely 6 AM. Let's give her a few more minutes," Ryujin suggests, her patience evident in her tone.

If Ryujin's got the patience of a saint, count me out! I'm Nayeon for heaven's sake! 

"GOOD MORNING, EVERYONE!"

I nearly jump out of my skin when Chaeyoung suddenly appears out of thin air. Ryujin's chuckle only adds to my surprise.

"Morning, Unnie!" Ryujin greets her cheerfully. And again, I'm not Ryujin, I'm Nayeon—I refuse to reciprocate the greeting.

Before you start labeling me as the bad guy, let me set the record straight: I'm just being Nayeon. It's not about being mean; it's about staying true to myself, especially around her. Sure, we might bicker like cats and dogs, but deep down, we're tight. It's our normal. Got it? If not, then just let it be. Please, no judgments, okay?

"Why did you take so long?" I ask her, trying to keep my tone even.

Now, I really need to chill. I don't want to start off the second day of classes looking like a grump just because of her.

"Wow, you're surprisingly calm, huh? No shouting today? What did you eat, bunny?" Chaeyoung's question hits a nerve, instantly igniting my frustration. Can't she just appreciate my effort instead of poking at it?!

I take a deep breath and close my eyes. Okay, beautiful lady, just breathe in and breathe out. Don't let her push your buttons, okay? I mentally coach myself.