Chapter 26 [Part 2/3]

LISA'S POV

I still didn't let go of Jennie's hand until we stopped in front of the door of the ballroom.

She faced me, " We can't go inside together" and said nearly in a whisper. She glanced at the suit that she is wearing.

Is she scared people will see us and her wearing my suit? I questioned myself.

" Give me at least 5 minutes. Just wait for me here" I said and when I was about to turn she held my arms.

I look at her hand and saw again the hand mark caused by the tight hold of Hanbin in her arms.

" Where are you going?" She asked, she sounds like a 7 year-old-kid.

I faced her again, " I'll buy you a coat or anything you can wear or do you want me to treat those to lessen the swallowing? He held you too tight. I know you don't want them to see those marks but after this ball, you need to tell them what happened." I seriously talked to her and she just stared at me with those weak feline eyes.

She tries to smile but I am not convinced, " I am okay Lisa" she assured me and took off the suit.

" Wear this again. They will be wondering why I am wearing that if I don't give it back to you now" she said.

" But it's not important Jennie," I said not accepting the suit.

" Is it okay to you for them to have malicious thoughts about us when we enter again and they will see us together? And they will see me wearing your suit?" she asked trying to point out that what I said is wrong.

" They could think and believe whatever they want Jennie. But I could totally understand you if you are thinking about what Kai will think seeing us together while you are wearing my suit." I said and gently grab the suit from her hand.

I forgot she had a jealous dog inside.

" IU is there too" she quickly responded and looked away.

What about IU? Why did IU suddenly get involved here? I asked several questions mentally.

I heard her small sigh, " I can just apply some foundation to cover it up in the meantime" she said and take something from her purse.

She is just starting to apply the foundation to the mark on her left arm but she wince surely in pain. I let out a deep sigh. I hold her back and guide her to walk in the corner. I just let her stare at me baffled. I wear my suit first and take the foundation from her hand.

I don't care if he is Jennie's ex-boyfriend but he doesn't have any valid reason to act like that. I hope Jennie will do an action for what he did. I, myself might want him to teach his lesson but I don't want to preempt her decision.

" If you don't want to wear my suit, treat these or buy you a coat then let me be the one to apply the foundation in your arms. Don't worry, I'll be gentle" I seriously said, I feel like I have a child who is trying to say everything is fine when the situation tells otherwise. A kid that usually lies in front of the truth.

I gently took her right arm first and do my best to carefully applies the foundation without causing any pain to her. Slowly and slowly I am almost done covering her marks with foundation when I heard her whisper.

" How come her hands are big big big?" both of her tiny hands move a bit maybe she take a look with her hands and compared it to mine.

Is she perhaps a kid hiding from a grown woman's body?

Now, I am done with it then she take a look at it and nods in satisfaction, " In fairness, you applied the foundation perfectly. Look, there is no too white or too pale they are well balanced" she said and flashed her arms in front of me to see.