Chapter 38

THIRD PERSON'S POV

As the days swiftly rolled on, it was already Wednesday. The sprawling campus of YGIU was buzzing with activity, every corner filled with the hum of academic life. Each department was engrossed in their respective classes, the air thick with the pursuit of knowledge.

Some departments had already wrapped up their academic activities and performances, their students were now free to focus on other tasks. Others were still in the throes of finishing their lectures, the final notes and discussions echoing in the classrooms.

At this moment, the hallways and fields that usually bustled with students were eerily quiet. The students were deeply engaged in their classes, their focus undeterred by the outside world.

With the YG Annual Festival just two weeks away, the entire institution was in a state of heightened activity. There was a sense of urgency in the air, as everyone knew they needed to complete their tasks before the festival. The upcoming event was a significant occasion for the university, and everyone was expected to participate fully in the celebrations. Therefore, it was crucial to wrap up all academic obligations beforehand, to ensure a smooth and enjoyable festival.

Meanwhile, another highly anticipated event is unfolding on the university grounds. The YG Timberwolves, the University's basketball team, are in the midst of an intense training regimen. Guided by their dedicated head coach, Lee Dong-Wook, they are practicing relentlessly each day, honing their skills and strategies.

The reason for this rigorous preparation is the upcoming Season Opening game, scheduled for next week. This year, YGIU has been chosen to host the prestigious Season Opening of the Universities Basketball League. This honor brings with it a flurry of activity and excitement, as the University prepares to welcome various other institutions to its campus.

These universities, each with their own talented teams, will be converging on YGIU to participate in the competition. The anticipation is building, not just among the players, but also within the entire University community. Everyone is eagerly looking forward to the event, ready to cheer on the YG Timberwolves and extend a warm welcome to the visiting teams.

Amidst the flurry of activities, Lisa, the Student Government Council President, is juggling multiple responsibilities. Not only is she a key player on the basketball team, but she's also deeply involved in the preparations for the YG Annual Festival. Her days have been packed since Monday, balancing her duties for the festival, basketball practice, and even preparing for a dance contest that's part of the festival's lineup.

Last Monday, Rosie, the President of the Music Club, personally confirmed that Lisa had successfully passed the club's audition. This news added another layer of commitment to Lisa's already packed schedule. She immediately began practicing with the club for a surprise performance that is set to be a highlight of the YG Annual Festival. This performance will also serve as the official introduction of the new members of the Music Club, adding to the anticipation surrounding the event.

Lisa's 10-hour days on campus are now filled to the brim with these activities, leaving her little time to even catch her breath. And these responsibilities only account for her commitments within the campus. Her duties outside the University grounds are another story altogether.

Meanwhile, Jennie is also navigating a whirlwind of activities. She has her own set of responsibilities for the upcoming YG Annual Festival. On top of that, she's begun practicing with the volleyball team, working against the clock to build team chemistry. Balancing these commitments with her demanding coursework as a third-year Business Major is a Herculean task, but Jennie is tackling it head-on.

Despite their hectic schedules, Lisa and Jennie always find time to look out for each other. Lisa, in particular, ensures that Jennie gets home safely. Sometimes, she accompanies Jennie to the main building to wait for her personal driver or her brother, Jin. At other times, Lisa herself drives Jennie home, as she did yesterday.