Chapter 41

CHANTY'S POV
Friday, 7:15 pm

"Don't want you in my bloodline, yeah
Just wanna have a good time, yeah
And no need to apologize, no
But you gon' have to let this shit go
Don't want you in my bloodline, yeah
Not tryna make you all mine, yeah
And no need to apologize, no
But you gon' have to let this shit go, yeah"

I sang along with the radio, enjoying the peaceful night as I drove towards Nayeon Unnie's mansion. It was a catchy tune that perfectly captured my mood.

After the opening game of the season, we all gathered for lunch

After the opening game of the season, we all gathered for lunch. It was a special moment for me because I could finally hang out with them without hiding the fact that I'm Oppa Lisa's sister. However, things got a bit awkward when Kai and his friends joined us unexpectedly. Jennie Unnie had thought it would only be Kai, but it turned out his friends tagged along. The squad wasn't exactly happy about their presence, and you could feel the tension in the air.

After lunch, Jennie Unnie approached me and mentioned that they were planning a sleepover at Nayeon Unnie's mansion. She invited me to join them, and how could I possibly say no? I saw it as an opportunity to get to know each of them better, and I knew they were curious to learn more about the squad from me.

I continued to sing along, my voice blending with the music as I made a turn. Opting for a less congested route, I aimed to save some precious time.

"Love me, love me, baby. Are you down? Can you let me know? Love me, thank you, leave me. Put it down, then it's time to go. Get it like you love me, but you don't, boy, it's just for show. Take it or leave it, you gotta take it or leave it like uh,"

The lyrics flowed effortlessly from my lips.

I tilted my head slowly, fully immersing myself in the song. It was so relaxing, driving in the middle of the night with hardly any other vehicles around. The city lights illuminated the road, and the weather was perfect. I couldn't help but miss these simple moments.

"This is pure bliss," I mumbled, a smile dancing on my lips.

If only life could always be this simple. If only I could choose to live a peaceful and uncomplicated life. A small sigh escaped my lips as I pondered these thoughts.

The peacefulness I had been enjoying was abruptly shattered by the sound of something striking the back of my car. Shock coursed through me as I processed what had just happened.

There was no mistaking it. The impact I felt was unmistakably that of a silenced gun. I couldn't afford to be wrong about this.

In that moment, frustration welled up within me.

"Hijo de la fregada," I muttered under my breath, my voice laced with irritation.

(A/N: Hijo de la fregada- "son of shit")