Chapter 12

"Okay, everyone smile!" Both Lily and my mom said.

We all posed in front of the foyer steps before my mom snapped a picture. I had given her my camera and told her to take another one.

When she did, I walked up to see if it was good or not. "Ew. No. I look bad." I frown and turn back to the others. "Take another one."

Elliot groaned, but Kayla hit him on the shoulder. He's always hated taking pictures. Ironic because I love taking them.

My mom snapped another photo and I'm sure Lily and the other mom's took a few more for themselves.

After that little photoshoot was over everyone rushed to their cars. Our get together before prom was running a little later than we all expected.

But how could it not. Everyone looked so good. Although most of us failed to bring a date, it was nice to see Elliot and Kayla together.

Even JJ and Cal scored arm pieces. I was pretty shocked when Tyler told me he was going to the senior prom.

He announced it last night, but I was even more dumbfounded by who he was going with.

Sadie MacIntyre had to be one of the hardest girls to talk to—if you were a guy. She was super nice when you got to know her.

But after she found out her boyfriend cheated on her last year, she completely disregarded any guy who tried to talk to her.

To say I'm impressed with Tyler would be an understatement. I don't even know what to say, but I guess my brother has a way with words that I didn't know of.

But enough about my him. This was about to be the best night of my life. And very picture worthy.

I looked hot.

~~~~~

And it was the best night—so far. Everything had been going well, the music was pumping, Hannah and I mingled with a lot of people, and the selection of food was quite exquisite.

I didn't know what half of it was but it was fucking delicious.

Of course I had to take pictures while I was there. Hannah and I had found Kayla walking around with Elliot and took her away from him.

We took so many pictures, funny ones included, that all got sent to my phone.

I'm definitely getting these printed over the weekend.

I even managed to get Elliot to take one with me. It was a struggle but a little talking with Kayla got the job done.

It was well over two hours since my arrival that I detoured to the bathroom. When I pushed open the door I found a whole bunch of girls
re-applying makeup and drinking.

They checked bags, but I guess not good enough. The prom was fun, but one shot couldn't hurt—right?

I asked them what it was before I took a sip. "Pink Whitney." One of them said.

I nodded and took a sip, the liquor burning my throat before settling in my stomach.

I used the bathroom and washed my hands when one of them asked, "Emery, have you seen Jackson tonight?"

I sighed and shook my head. "Not since we left my house earlier." I told them.

I dried my hands and walked back to the party. A few minutes after I returned, Principal Howards announced the Prom King and Queen.

The amount of cheering I heard after it was announced that Jackson won, to no one's surprise, was deafening. Especially the screeching coming from the girls.