Chapter 35

"And that's the game folks! You're Riverhead Sharks continue their undefeated run!" The announcer's voice boomed through the speakers.

I walk off of the bleachers and towards the field. It's a little upsetting that we lost, but it was a good game, and a respectable loss. This team is the only competition we have and although we didn't come out on top, I know we'll be fine.

But maybe that's just me. I'm not the one playing after all. Tyler always complains that they trash talk-a lot. During my time at highschool, our record with them is tied 2-2.

I waited a few minutes for most of the people to clear out and their huddle to break up before walking onto the field. My mission was to find my brothers in this swarm of people, but I didn't intend to run into someone who I didn't think I would see.

And he seems to attract a lot of attention.

But if you're the quarterback for one of the best highschool football teams in the state-ranked under mine-I guess you can't escape it. Though, it looks like I can't escape him either because when we lock eyes, he walks over.

I stand still as he strolls over, completely excusing himself from whatever conversation he was in the middle of. "Didn't think I'd actually get to see you here."

I laugh as he tosses me a smile. "What were you? Looking for me?" I joke.

"Maybe," he shrugs. "Even if I was, I found you didn't I?"

I shake my head at him. "So what are you gonna do now Liam? Celebrate?"

"For which part? Finding you or winning this game?" he asks.

"Either." I shrug, though, questioning why he would celebrate finding me.

"Well I can celebrate...and it starts by taking you out, which means I need your number, Emery."

I raise my brow as he smiles at me. I can't help but smile back. "You want to take me out?" I ask.

"Yes."

I stand and think about it for a moment. "Okay, but first I have to ask my sobbing brothers if we're doing anything tonight." I say sarcastically as he hands me his phone.

I type in my number before telling him I'll be back sooner or later. I wander around to find my brothers and our friends, and they come into view quite quickly.

Already looking at me as I walk over.

"What was that?" Tyler asked, a little displeased.

"What was what?" I fire back at him.

"Uhh I don't know...maybe you're talking to the quarterback of the team we just lost to." Tyler explains like he's hurt.

"Oh...that. Yeah, I was gonna ask you guys if we're doing anything tonight." I bring up my point.

"So what? So you can hang out with him?" Elliot adds, in a less angered and more of a joking manner.

"Yes." I answer them simply.

"But that's fraternizing with the enemy!" Cal and JJ complain.

I turn my head at them, narrowing my eyes. "You guys shouldn't be talking. Don't act like you two don't get plenty of girls from this town."

They roll their eyes at me, understanding my point. "That's different." JJ sighs.

I shake my head. "So are we doing anything or can I hang out with him?" I ask Elliot.

"We don't have plans yet, but you can go." he shrugs.

"What!" Tyler looks like he can't believe Elliot just allowed me to go. "He's the enemy El!"