Chapter 31

Jackson's POV

I didn't expect myself to be as mad as I was when I woke up. Last night felt like the lowest point in my life, but rolling over this morning, I felt like I fell even further.

I expect my arm to bump something—or someone, but all my hand hits is pure mattress. Blinking my eyes open and seeing that she's not there, looking into my bathroom and noticing it's empty.

Realizing she left had to be one of the worst feelings I've ever experienced.

My brawl last night with Don was fueled by rage, built up over the years for not being able to do anything. I tried keeping myself in control, and having Emery next to me helped me do that.

The minute she left to go to the bathroom, I could feel myself slipping, and once I saw him grab my mom's arm, I lost it.

Sitting in the chair after being questioned by the officers made me nauseous.

I scared the shit out of my mother and thought Rosalie probably hated me. I mean, how could she not? I attacked her father in front of her.

Coming home scot-free from the station was a relief. Having Emery come into my room a few minutes later felt like a relief and a surprise in itself.

Everything was foggy at first. I know I said things a little harshly, but that's just how I deal with it. I don't get emotional often, rarely ever, so when I do, I don't really know what to do.

When she started rambling I wanted her to shut up.

I didn't want her doubting the bet and the fourteen minutes I got to kiss her for the first time. I knew I wasn't in half the mindset to do anything with her, so when she asked if I was okay, I partially lied.

Deep down I knew I was hurting, that's part of the reason why I had her keep her shirt on. I couldn't see all of her in that moment, it wouldn't feel right to me if I did.

I know that doesn't really make sense but I needed to put something between us, for her privacy. I don't know what's going on with us, there's something there for sure, but I can't label it.

One thing I knew was that she would be my reliever. When she questioned me again about it being a pity fuck, that time I didn't lie.

I didn't want her out of pity. And it wasn't going to be out of pity.

When I felt how aroused she was I couldn't hold back any longer. Knowing I was pleasing her was my relief. Knowing I was doing anything in my power to make her feel good was my release.

Hearing her moans, her whimpers, her hums, feeling her spasm around me was everything I wanted and more.

I should feel on top of the world, proud of myself for bringing her to that point twice. But I don't. I feel like shit knowing she still decided to leave.

I didn't get it.

Did I do something wrong?

For a while I was questioning myself. My heart was twisting at the fact that she couldn't stay and waited for me to be asleep before leaving. My head has already been spinning since I woke up.

Rosalie hasn't been herself, and she hasn't been herself around me. Mom could see it so she sat us both down and we talked for a long while. It was a relief figuring out that Ro had more worry for me than her actual father.

I know it sounds selfish, but I liked that she wasn't thinking about him as much as she was about me.

After the whole sit down I went back to my room to think things over. My mind wandered straight back to last night and realized that I couldn't just sit here about it.

So, I decided to try and talk to her about it. But I haven't seen her all day and it partially feels like she's ignoring me. Usually she's outside or at the beach behind my house, but today she's nowhere.

I even went over to her house and she wasn't there. I caught up with Elliot and Tyler and apologized, explaining what happened. They weren't concerned and I was glad they had my back on this.

Under the circumstances I asked where their sister was and they told me she was out running errands with their mom. I nodded and walked back to my house.

My thoughts about her ignoring me were proven correct when I saw her walk outside and then walk in the opposite direction when she saw me. I watched her practically run into the car and slam the door shut.

I couldn't believe it.

For almost the entire day I've been dealing with fixing relationships in my own house and in hers, while trying to fix things with her. It felt like a waste of time.

She wasn't giving me any time of day.

I was exhausted and had tried everything I could to talk to her. I even went back over to her house, but her mom said she wasn't feeling well and that I should come back tomorrow.

I don't want to sound like an asshole, but I knew that was a lie.

When my mom called for dinner I gave up. I was angry at her. One for leaving and two for not even trying to talk with me. And as much as thinking about it physically hurts my chest,

She probably regretted it.

And now she's rejecting me.

I'm not sure what to think of it, but I guess I'll just have to live with it.

*sigh* Them not having cute moments anymore is going to kill me

Next chapter will come out in a few. I need to edit it first :)))

Thoughts???