Chapter 49

a/n - Spiciness ahead! Have fun!!

~~~~~

Jackson's POV

**a few minutes earlier**

Hanging out at the party I wasn't the happiest. I mean, how could I be?

Emery was meeting up with her little flirty-friendship-buddy who I clearly don't like. So, I wasn't ecstatic about it, but I couldn't worry.

She can handle herself and I trust her, but I still don't like the thought of Liam and my girlfriend in the same vicinity. I'm not the biggest fan of him...persay.

So shoot me.

Standing up, I pushed through a few bodies and headed for the kitchen. Grabbing myself a drink, I turned around and unwillingly bumped into someone.

"Sorry." I turned my head and saw that the person had been Nicole.

The silence I was given in return was awkward, but I didn't give her much more than a glance before walking away.

I had just cracked open the beer when a manicured hand wrapped around my arm. "Hey, Jackson."

I spin around at the voice and I'm not pleased to see who followed me. "Nicole..." I answer cautiously.

"How are you?" She asks and I can tell she's drunk. Her eyes are glazed over and her words are weirdly spaced out. "I heard you have a girlfriend."

"I do." Her hand slightly tightens on my arm and I lean away.

I can't tell if it was me leaning away or my response that put a frown on her face, but she didn't look happy.

"Aww," she pouts. "I was hoping that wasn't true." Nicole takes a deliberate step forward. "But...I don't see Emery around." The smirk on her lips gives me a hint at what she wants.

And I can't believe she has the audacity to say that when I just told her I'm taken.

But she's drunk and like Emery said before, we have history. Not that it means anything, but I don't know how this isn't settled yet.

I don't know how I can make my uninterest any more clear to her. "Where are your friends Nicole?" I ask her calmly, trying my best to be polite.

"I'm not sure," she laughs. "Can you help me find them?" She asks and I've finally had enough when her hand rubs up my arm.

I let out a frustrated sigh and look around as she continues to latch onto me like I'm her lifeline. I spot one of her friends and call them over.

"Aww Jackson baby, why?" Her whine falls short on my ears. "You've changed, you know that? You used to be so much fun."

I pry her hand off of me and walk towards the couch where I left Elliot and Tyler a few minutes ago.

"We had so much fun together Jackson. Why can't we just try again? Why did you choose her?"

Because I don't like you.

I flash an annoyed look at the two in front of me and take a seat. "Go back to your friends Nicole. I already told you I have a girlfriend." I groan.

She still doesn't get the message that I want nothing to do with her. We hung out during March and that was that. It ended months ago to me but clearly not to her.

I place my drink on the coffee table and lean back when she decides to invite herself onto my lap. "Can we at least have some fun tonight then? Emery doesn't have to know–"