41 - So it begins

41 - So it begins

"Oh my God! Did you?..." Blake bent over and threw up all over the floor, or what was left of it anyway. "No, I didn't, and we have to get out of here. They're coming. Where are your keys? Give them to Dimitri. He'll drive you back."

"And what pray tell are you going to do?"

"I have to clean this up. We can't leave it like this."

"Well we'll wait on you." His voice told me there would be no argument."

"We have no time! They're already here."

"Here where?" He was in full Guardian mode now. All his senses were on alert.

"They're already on the planet and moving towards us. They'll be at the castle by morning. You have to go warn the others. I promise I'll be right behind you." He took his keys out of his pocket and handed them to me, then gave me a quick kiss on the lips before helping Blake out of the room. There really wasn't much I could do for the room itself, but I could get rid of the body and the stains, and that was exactly what I did. I used fire to burn the body then water to wash away the stains. When I was finished I found the club owner and told him that I would take care of the rest of the damages, and then sped off towards the castle.

I arrived back at the castle to a whirl of people moving about. Dimitri was at the centre of it, and looked to be in his element. I made my way over to him and he took my hand in his, pulling me closely beside him. The noise immediately quieted down, and he began to speak. Basically all he did was warn them that the Invaders are close and they needed a plan of attack before they arrived. He organized a time for the Guardians to meet and come up with ideas. I was worried about the women and children. If all the guardians where to leave, who would protect them? I didn't want to worry anyone more that they were already worried, so I decided to speak to Dimitri about it when we had some time alone. After he finished briefing them on the situation, he pulled me aside and engulfed me in his arms. I breathe in the scent of him and leaned into his embrace. When he pulled away, his face was serious. "You're not fighting," he said. I knew he would try to pull something like this. He studied my face waiting for me to argue with him but I said nothing. He seemed satisfied with my response, or rather lack of response, so he relaxed a little and took my hand, leading me in the direction of his office.

When we got there, everyone was already waiting. Blake seemed to have showered. I was concerned about his health though. This was the worst possible time for him to be drunk. Could he even fight in this condition? I also noticed that he wasn't standing near Aria. Those two really need to sort out their problems, because poor Nate is caught in the middle, and I could tell he was really uncomfortable being in that position.

Everyone seemed to be on high alert, and with good reason. Dimitri decided that we'd gather for a strategy meeting in two hours to discuss ideas and plans of attack and defenses.

*************

This was it. They were finally here after months of waiting. Chad's demeanor had changed completely once he became aware of the situation. He was extremely quiet. His eyes had lost any spark. He withdrew into himself, and I was not used to seeing him this way, not with me anyway. All I could see in those eyes of his were determination and death. This was Chad the Guardian. Chad my mate and lover, was nowhere to be found. He looked and acted so much like Dimitri now. His black hair was a little shorter than Dimitri's and his face was set into a serious, blank expression. I didn't know how to deal with this Chad. Besides, I had worries of my own. I had this eerie feeling that something is going to go terribly wrong, and I was scared. I didn't want to admit it, but I was terrified.

We walked to our room in silence, and still didn't say anything even when we were inside. Chad went straight for the back of the closet, to an area I didn't even know was there. He came back with his armour and swords. As if one sword wasn't enough. I rolled my eyes. He had special boots for fighting and special clothes as well. He also had headgear. His armor had the royal crest across the front. It was more of a protective shield for his chest and back. I noticed however, that his arms and legs would be exposed, and for a split second, I was worried. I quickly got a hold of myself. This was my mate, he has been doing this for a long time. I knew he could handle himself. It was also up to me to ensure that no one gets close enough to harm him in anyway. I would protect him fiercely, and kill without hesitation, anyone who got close enough to harm him. After that inner talk with myself, I was feeling more like the old Alexis.