11 - Getting acquainted

I followed Nate to his rooms, or I should say our rooms. He was silent on our walk and I wondered what was going through his mind. I took the time to study him. He was very attractive and sweet. I wondered why he couldn't have been my mate instead.

"Are we going to talk about earlier?"

"What's there to talk about?" He sighed and ran his hands through his hair.

"I think this belongs to you." I held out my hand with his hair band. He took it and smiled.

We had now stopped in front one of the doors along the hall. He opened it and signaled for me to go ahead. I stepped into the room, slowly looking around. This room was fit for a King. From what I could see there were two bedrooms, a kitchen, a dining area and an entertainment area. It was more of an apartment than a room.

"Whoa, this is nice. I could get comfortable here." I moved to one of the bedrooms and stopped staring at the bed. It was huge. At least ten people could fit in it easily. I raised my eyebrow at him and his face became flushed.

"I rarely stay here. I haven't been here for the past two years. I just came back today."

"Really? Where were you? So you live here in the palace as well?"

"Yes, ever since my parents were killed I've lived here. But I've been living on another planet for the past two years."

The way he rushed out the last part had me suspicious. I walked over to him, pulling him into the room and down on to the bed.

"Explain." He sat up and I straddled him.

"I'm not the one that should be telling you all this. You should hear it from your mother."

I started running me hands through his hair and his eyes closed.

"Okay fine I'll tell you, but promise not to get upset."

I nodded.

"So far you know that you and your sisters are witches and you are the Protectors. Dimitri, Chad, and Blake are the Guardians of the universe. They are responsible for keeping the invaders out and also protecting Planet Atron and now Planet Dronan. The invaders are getting closer and in order for them to successfully defeat them in battle they need their protectors. Your powers will help in battle and are needed to keep them alive. If they die then the invaders will have nothing to stop them taking over the entire universe."

"So how do you fit in all this?"

"Well your powers are unstable and if your anger gets out of control as your mother says, you could end up killing one of your sisters. So although you are Blake's protector you need a protector of your own to keep you from self-destructing. I am your protector. We're connected. I feel what you feel and I'm here to sort of help you. I've been training since you were eighteen and came into your powers to be your protector."

"How did you know I got my powers at eighteen?"

"Your mother sent for me. Plus I got them too. I've been living on Dronan for the past two years learning as much as I can from your mother."

"What?" I stared at him. "So you have powers? What do you mean you feel what I feel?"

"Like I said we are connected. I can do the same things you can, but I have more control. If you're upset I know and I'm supposed to be there before you lose control and kill someone. Besides it's because of our connection why you kissed me."

He whispered that last part and I barely caught it.

"Wow, I did not expect this. And Nate, I kissed you because I wanted to."

He looked up at me. "Why are you taking this so calmly?"

"I honestly don't know, maybe because you're the one telling me."

"Are you prepared for all this? I'll have to be near you almost all the time. If you're in trouble and Blake's in trouble I have to protect you not him."

"So what does that make us to each other?"

He sighed. "Your mate."

"What?!!!!" I was now standing staring down at him. "But that doesn't make sense. What about Blake?"

"He's your mate too."

"No, no, no. I do not want this. How can I have two of you? Cousins at that. I'm supposed to marry Blake, someone I know nothing about, be his wife and have his children when we can't even get along. Then you show up shortly after and I have to deal with you too. On top of all that my powers are out of control. How can I protect Blake when half the time I want to kill him?"

I threw my hands up in the air and started pacing.

"I mean don't get me wrong I've had threesomes before but this is just all sorts of weird."

"Well it's not like Blake and I haven't shared before. We did it all the time before I left."

"I really didn't need to know that. So do I have to marry both of you?"

"If that's what you want. Technically Blake is to be your husband. You have no choice there. But with me you do."

"What do you mean?" I sat down beside him.

"Well, you have to marry Blake whether you have feelings for him or not. Since you and I will be around each other most if not all the time, I can't have a relationship with anyone else. I'm tied to you, will always be with you, but you don't have to marry me if you don't want to. I'll still be here either way."

"Does Blake know about this?"

"No. And he won't take it well."

"Why? As you said you've shared before."

"I don't know, there is just something about you. You saw how defensive he got before and we're best friends."

I sighed. "Enough about this, tell me about you. I really don't know anything other than your name."

For the rest of the night well into the morning we sat up talking. I found out many things about Nate and felt really comfortable with him. I guess we eventually fell asleep because the next time I opened my eyes it was well past midday and I was wrapped in Nate's arms with my head on his chest.

Blake's POV

I stood at the entrance to the room watching Aria wrapped up in Nate's arms. I didn't know how to feel about it. I walked further into the room and stood at the side looking down at my mate. I lightly brushed her hair from her face and turned to leave the room.

"She needs you Blake."

"No she doesn't. She has you. You're here for less than a day and she chooses you without so much as a second thought. She didn't even give me a chance."

"Well what the fuck do you expect if the same day she arrived you were caught fucking the same bitch more than once?"

I didn't need to hear anymore. I walked from the room without looking back. I've had enough of this. When it's time to marry, I will do so and ensure that I do my part in contributing to the next line of Guardians, but I will not commit myself to someone who obviously doesn't want to be committed to me. With that in mind, I made my way to the gym to work off some steam.