42 - Long live the King

Aria's POV

"We're under attack!" The shouts came from somewhere in the castle.

"Is he dead? Wake him up! Please!" Blake was lying still on the floor not moving. Nobody would tell me if he was breathing or not.

"Aria? Aria! You need to snap out of it." Nate was shaking me roughly. "We're under attack! You need to forget about Blake. We have a duty to protect the castle. They need us. Snap out of it!" I tore my eyes away from Blake's body on the floor and finally took in my surroundings. Dimitri and Chad had already gotten dressed, and Alyssa was beside them. The Guardians had already left to go keep the Invaders from getting in. My eyes strayed to Blake again and I got a little hysterical. "Is he dead?"

"He's not dead, he just won't wake up," Alyssa said.

"Then wake him the fuck up!"

"We don't have time," Dimitri bellowed. "We have to get outside now before they breech the walls. The battle has already started."

I realized I could hear shouting and the clashing of swords.

Nate took my hands and dragged me from the room. "We have to get out there, our powers are needed. Now is not the time for you to break down. Focus Aria! They need us."

I snapped out of it. He was right. There was nothing I could do for Blake now, but to go outside and protect our home and our families. "You're right," I said. "We have to go, but leave someone with Blake for when he wakes up." Dimitri nodded.

"Where's Alexis?" Alyssa turned to Chad for his response.

"Locked up as she should be. She is not getting involved in this."

I scoffed. "In case you haven't noticed, she is already involved, we all are. You'll die without her."

"Well that's a chance I'm willing to take."

"She's right Chad, you need your protector. You all do."

That last line I knew was for Dimitri.

"Oh no kitten. I have to agree with my brother here. You're all safer here than out there. You're pregnant Alyssa, even if something happens to me, knowing you and my child will be safe is worth it." He cupped her cheek and gave her a quick kiss on the lips before pulling away. He snapped his fingers and four big burly men came in. Before I knew it, Alyssa was out like a light. "Take her up to my room and guard her with your lives."

"What the hell do you think you are doing? You can't do that to her. What about the baby?"

"The baby will be fine."

"Are you going to lock me up too? Because I won't be so easy."

"Whatever you want to do Aria is between you and your mates. Blake is clearly still out, so I guess the decision is up to Nate."

Nate looked at me, then at Dimitri. "We're fighting," he said.

"Alright, you two know what to do. Don't get too close."

Nate and I made our way outside, and was greeted with a sight I never thought we'd see. We were losing. How was that even possible? It has only been maybe an hour or so. "They have witches," Nate said, while blocking one of Chad's attackers, allowing Chad to go for the kill. They killed our witches and now we were outnumbered? Anger took over my body and I started to tremble. I sensed more than felt when my eyes changed colour. We were not losing this battle. If I have to draw on the powers of hell itself to protect this castle I will.