16 - Trouble in Paradise

Dimitri's POV

"What's going on here?"

"What's going on is that your son almost killed one of our servants."

My father looked from me to Alyssa. "Explain."

"Blake for whatever reason whipped that servant until he peeled the skin from her back. She's still bleeding from what he did to her."

"And how is that different from what you do?"

"This isn't about me father."

"You're right. It's about all of you. You think I don't know what goes on in my own home? What you all do to these girls in the palace?"

He had a point there, but that's why we have safe words and I know Blake doesn't use them.

"Where is she?" He asked me. I pointed him to the door.

"She's in there. Blake is out of control. You need to do something about this or I will."

I focused on Alyssa. She was looking at me strangely. Then I heard her ask; "Who is she to you?"

"We'll talk about it later."

"I think we should get that young lady some medical attention." It was her mother who spoke. I forgot she was even here. Within minutes Kael was removed from the room and brought to the medical wing. Her injuries looked severe; she hadn't stopped bleeding up to the point when they carried her from the room. I cannot even believe Blake would do something like this. He better pray she doesn't die, because I'll kill him myself if she does.

"You two should get some rest." My father looked at us.

I turned to Alyssa extending my hand. "Let's go."

She looked at my hand, then my face and brushed passed me and out of the room. I stared after her. Is she fucking serious? I will not be disrespected by anyone. She better learn her fucking place and soon, before I have to teach it to her. I bid everyone goodnight and strode angrily from the room after her.

Alexis's POV

Chad and I were on our way back to our room from the kitchen; me getting a piggy back ride, when we bumped into Alyssa.

"Sis!" I squealed. Yes I squealed. I was just that happy. I got down from Chad's back and ran to her.

"Alyssa! Get back here!" Was that Dimitri? Why the hell is he yelling at her?

She looked in my direction and a smile took over her face. "You're awake. I was worried. Are you ok?"

"I'm fine. My mate took care of me."

"He never left your side. He didn't eat or shower without someone forcing him to."

I looked at Chad but he pretended not to hear us.

"So what did I miss? Any good spanking; orgies?"

"Alexis!" Her face turned red. "You missed quite a lot actually. First, we're witches with powers, and apparently we are the protectors to the guardians."

"Guardians?" She looked at Chad and Dimitri.

I looked at Chad questioningly. "Guardian?"

"Later mate." That was all he said. I turned back to Alyssa.

"So like I said we have powers and, oh why don't I just show you." She took my hand and closed her eyes. I just stood there awkwardly. Suddenly images started to flood my vision. They were more like memories. Conversations floated by, and I watched them like a movie. When she released me I was still in shock.