residence hall

- Taylors Pov -

The ride is quicker than I thought it would be, so before I know it, we are pulling up outside the Meredith Wilson residence hall where all the first-year students are required to stay. You can stay there for your other years too, but the first years are required to be there. It is right next to the school though, so I think I will be staying there for the other years too.

«Come on kids, let's get the stuff out of the car» we were lucky to find a free spot a block away from the residence Hall, so we don't need to walk far.

«Taylor take one suitcase and your guitar case; Austin take two and I will take the boxes» my dad says, and we do as we are told. My dad is all about planning and precision work, I think that comes with his job. He is a cardiovascular attending surgeon at a huge hospital in Boston, people come from all over the country to have him operate on them. I always thought that was cool growing up, that my dad is saving lives, it's still cool. Both of my parents are in medicine actually, my mom is a pediatric oncology attending at the children's hospital in Boston. I think they wished my brother and me wanted to go into medicine too, but they have never pushed us to do it.

We go through several checkpoints to get into the building. I need to register and get a keycard. The building is highly secure with several checkpoints where security make sure only authorized people get to come into the building. I can bring my dad and Austin up though, so that's good.

There are so many students here ready for the adventure ahead of us. Some are new students, but some are probably old students moving back into the dorm too maybe? I don't know. But there are tons of instruments here and lots of suitcases and boxes. A bunch of us are starting fresh at this school today, it's scary and thrilling at the same time.

My room is on the 20th floor. In total there is six of us in a suite where there are three double rooms and a little Livingroom. Then there also is a community room somewhere where all the students can hang out that also have a full-scale kitchen. There is a gym, laundry room, a convenience store as well as several practice rooms available for students.

We reach my suite and head into my room. There are codes as locks for the rooms, so we don't need keys. The code to mine and Selena's dorm is 2516. The door to our dorm is open though, so Selena is already here.

I walk in followed by Austin and my dad to see her and who I assume is her mother. «Hi, oh my god you're here!» Selena gushes and run to hug me. I'm slightly in shock about her excitement, but maybe this is going to be a good thing. We have been e-mailing and texting via watts app so maybe we are already friends. I'm not good at that stuff, but I'm not stupid either, I know how friends work.

«It's so good to finally meet you» I grin at her, and our parents introduce themself to one another as well as Austin

«I hope it's okay I took the bed closest to the door» she says, and I nod. «It's fine, I like the window anyway» I say and put my suitcase close to my side of the room.