bookstore

- Taylors Pov -

This school is exhausting, but also so much fun. I've only been here a few weeks, but I'm already hooked on what we are learning. Any doubts about if this is the right place for me is thrown out the window. I think I was meant to be here.

I step out of the elevator on joes' floor, but I'm meet with harry who is leaning against the wall and looking straight at me. «Hi» I say politely. I'm really trying to be friends with him, but it's hard when I know he wants more from me, more that I can't give him. We can't go back to what we were before, it's not happening. But that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt to see him pining for me.

«Hi Taylor. Go out with me» he says going straight to the point. «No harry, we have talked about this, it's a no. we are friends, we can't date again» especially because I really like his roommate and he give me butterflies when he is around me. Harry used to give me those too, but he doesn't anymore.

«Please give me a chance Taylor, we could be good together again» he tries but I shake my head. «No and please stop asking. I don't want to hurt you, but the answer is no and will always be no. we are not getting back together, or even going out on a date»

After turning him down I head straight into the practice room where I wait for Joe. I did bring my guitar with me because I'm better at the guitar than the piano. I'm really excited for this project, especially working with Joe. Hopefully we can make something really good together, but I'm nervous people are going to hate it. Its vulnerable to put us out there like that, but it's part of the journey here.

«Because I, dropped your hand while dancing» I mumble and play with a few cords. I don't have anything more, but it fits my situation with harry. He wants to hold onto me, but I can't be with him, and I don't want to be with him. Maybe a part of me was curious that being here might set sparks into our relationship, but it's done the opposite. I know that we aren't meant to be together, he will find someone that fits with him better than I ever could. And when he does, I will be there with him as his friend, because if he will let me, I don't want to lose that. We were so close once upon a time, and I don't want to let that go.

The door opens and Joe walks in with that goofy smile that makes my insides warm. Whenever he enters a room it's like I light up in excitement, I'm always on alert to see him. Why I'm like this I don't know, and it scares me. «There is an angry harry in the hallway» he says, and I nod.

«Yeah, he doesn't want to accept that we won't get back together, like ever. I've tried to tell him over and over again, but I don't want to hurt his feelings either and tell him that I don't have romantic feelings for him at all anymore. And even worse, that I wanted to break up with him for a while because I knew there wouldn't be a future between us like that, but I didn't because I didn't want to hurt him» going on a rant to the boy I have a crush on about my ex isn't exactly what I planned to do, but sometimes I can't stop myself.

«He will get it eventually, just give it time. And if he doesn't it's not your fault. You can't spend your life feeling bad about it because it's not on you anymore. You have made yourself crystal clear, and it's up to him what he does with that information» he says, and I didn't expect him to have anything to say about it at all. I don't know how close they are, but they are roommates. but I do appreciate it, someone who seems to understand my rambling.

- joes Pov -

It sucks to know how badly harry wants her back when I want her too. Whenever she enters a room, I light up and can't keep my eyes off her. seeing her has become one of my favorite parts of the day. Sometimes I catch myself itching to touch her, tuck her hair behind her ear, hold her hand or kiss her. Even something as small as laying my hand on her arm has me going insane. It's like a magnet pulling me to her and I don't know what to do with it.