exile

- joes Pov -

Taylor disappeared halfway through the day, so I'm worried something happened. She isn't one that typically skips class, so clearly something is up. She said this morning that she wasn't feeling too hot, so I grab her favorite coffee from the cafeteria before I head up to her dorm. It's a big day tomorrow, it's the showcase so I hope she will feel good enough to preform because I know she loves the song we have written.

I knock on her door before I punch in the code and head inside. She is curled up on her bed with a pillow pressed against her stomach. «Baby, how are you feeling?» I ask and set down her coffee on her desk that's also a makeshift nightstand.

«Fine» she grumbles, and I sit down on the edge of her bed. She doesn't look good; she looks like she is in pain.

«You look like you're in pain if you tell me maybe I can help? Get you some medicine or something» I suggest and caress her back. The back of her shirt Is sweaty, but I don't care. It will take more than a little bodily fluid to scare me off.

«You don't want to hear about it. it's not a guy thing» She says as she finally looks up at me. Her eyes are bloodshot, she has been crying. «I can take it. Lay it on me» leaning down I kiss her forehead to try to sooth her.

«I get really bad period pains. And I just got my period for the first time in months, so yay me this suck. Usually I'm on birth control for it, but because of my amenorrhea they had to stop it so they could get a guess on when my body started to work again» she tells me, and I furrow my eyebrows «what's amenorrhea?» Maybe that's a stupid question but I really don't know.

«Loss of period. It's something that can happen to anorexics. And obviously its bad because without it you can't get pregnant. Long story short you can become infertile from keeping a low BMI. At least that's how they explained it to me» she says and groans towards the end. «Fuck this hurts»

Tears are welling up in her eyes and I wish I could take away that pain. I have no idea what period pains even are like, but I assume it's bad. Maybe like constantly getting punched in the balls or something? That sounds like a nightmare for sure.

«Do you have everything you need? Tampons? Those sticky pad things» I say and scratch the back of my neck. I don't have sisters, and didn't have a girlfriend back at home either, so my knowledge of periods is limited. I do know what we were told in science class and sex ed, but it didn't really apply to me, so I honestly didn't pay attention. But I do know that girls need things to not get the blood everywhere.

«Could you check the bag over there? I'm honestly not sure. I got it at School earlier, but I had a tampon in my bag» she says and point towards her cupboard. I see she has a stash of extra toiletries and there is a packet of opened tampons there but no pads. «There are like three tampons in this box. Is that enough?»

I take one out and study it, its wrapped in something but it's hard inside «and why is it hard. It's like a pointy plastic thing in here. That can't be comfortable. How can you even sit if you have this up there» I furrow my eyebrow and hold it up to the light so I might be able to see what it looks like.

Taylor cracks up «babe... dear god... it's a thing to help insert it. Stop looking at it. Its gross. And now I need to head to the store because I need more. Fuck. You can only have one in for six hours, so obviously that's not going to last for a week»

«I don't mind talking about it.... Wait, a whole week?» My eyes widen. If you bleed that long, you got to be anemic or something? Like that's a lot of blood. «How are girls not anemic? It's like a constant bleeding, right? Damn»

«Joe. This is really gross. Stop. And I need to get out of bed» she tries to sit up but winches in pain. «Yeah, you're not going anywhere baby. I'm going to head down to the store and get you more. Because you're going to lay there and try to relax. But seriously, how do you not suffer from bloodless?»