1 | Modeling

"Lift your leg up a bit more, alright?" The photographer asked.

Komaeda did as he was told.

"Alright, now blow a kiss at the camera. Good job, you did great. That was all for today,"

The white-haired boy nodded and walked towards the changing room. He was a very famous model. It had been like this since he was barely a teenager. His style had always been pastel-ly. He changed back into his clothes and left the changing room. Then, his photographer walked up to him.

"Komaeda-san, your manager and I have made a decision,"

"Yes?"

"A lot of kids these days are into those LGBT things, so we've decided to put you into a fake-realtionship with another boy,"

Komaeda tilted his head. "Who is it?"

"His name is Kamukura Izuru. You guys have very different styles, but that's what fangirls are into,"

"I think I've heard of him. But, uhm, is that really a good decision? I mean, the magazines my photos end up in are all for clothes with my kind of style,"

"A bunch of them wanna make a change in style. Your relationship will be kind of like... an opposites attract thing. We've got everything planned out for you, don't worry. You just do what you always do, but with another person this time, okay?"

Komaeda nodded. "If you say so. I mean, it's your job to decide this stuff, not mine."

He then went home. Komaeda had gotten famous quickly. He was twelve when he had started modeling and everyone liked him due to his childish cuteness. Of course he didn't stay twelve forever, but his manager had decided to keep the same clothing style, but to just make it a bit more mature.

"Nagito, you're back!" His father smiled. "How was work?"

"Exhausting. Tanizaki-san told me I'm going to start a fake-relationship with another model. Did you know about that?"

"I knew he thought about speaking about it to your manager, but I didn't know he actually went through with it,"

"Meh, I don't really care. I'm tired now and I have work again tomorrow, so I'll take a nap. Can you wake me up when dinner is done?"

"Yeah, of course. Sleep well." He ruffled his hair and Komaeda went upstairs.

Truthfully, Komaeda's parents both felt guilty about making him work at such a young age. Komaeda's grandfather owned a company and his mother was going to inherit it, but her father had gotten into a fight with her because she married Komaeda's father, who wasn't exactly wealthy, and he disowned her because of that. Her whole life, she had worked towards owning that company and now she didn't have any other job, which made their family pretty poor.

When Komaeda was twelve, a manager had walked up to him and his parents while they were in the park and said how Komaeda was so beautiful and needed to be a model and that he could make him one. He was excited, but his parents didn't want to at first. Later, they agreed when they accepted that they wouldn't be able to give Komaeda a good life without the money they would get from making him work.

The next day at work, Komaeda sat on a chair as he waited for Kamukura to arrive. The greenscreen was being set up and two men carried an old couch into the room. It looked like it was from the 1800s. Komaeda was confused by that, but he didn't really question it. Then, Tanizaki, the photographer, walked up to him. He looked nervous.

"Komaeda-san, h-hey,"

"What's up?"

"A-ah, just so you know, the photos are gonna be a bit... you know..."

He tilted his head. "I don't, actually,"

"Y-you'll see... but just know it's not my fault! I-I didn't choose these poses, okay! Uhm, Kamukura-san's... thing, I suppose you could say is a vampire-like style and you both will keep your fashion styles. So... uhm... I suppose you can imagine the type of photos there'll be,"

Komaeda sighed. "I see... it's not that bad, don't worry, I'll get over it,"

"Y-yeah, uhm... sorry again,"

A few minutes later, Kamukura arrived. He had long, dark hair. Extremely long. Like, down to the floor long. His eyes were red and he looked bored. His clothes were all black except his white gloves.

"Kamukura-san, it's so nice to meet you!" Tanizaki shook his hand. "Now then, you both know that from now on you'll be in a relationship, at least to the public. Please, take this seriously. Don't tell anyone it's a fake-relationship, not even your closest friends,"

They both nodded.

"Good. Please get dressed now, Kamukura-san. Komaeda-san, just let me-" He reached out to his head and fixed his hair. "Much better. Good good."

Kamukura came back in a classic vampire outfit. Komaeda was told to sit down on the couch sideways, with his back leaning against the armrest.

"Kamukura-san, sit down in front of him and put a hand on the back of his head. Good. Now lean towards his neck as if you're gonna bite him,"

Komaeda tried hard not to look uncomfortable, but he was. He didn't even know this guy and these pictured were only being taken so that girls would be into their relationship.

"Komaeda-san," Watanabe, the makeup artist, called out. "You have to look like you like it, but not too much. Just act like you're curious about what's happening,"

He nodded and tried to relax his face and posture a bit.

Finally, the first picture was taken.