9 | Paparazzi

I wanna say this here too because not a lot of people see the DNI criteria in my bio. Don't interact with me if you read yandere or stalker fanfictions. It makes me really really uncomfortable and I mean if you like unhealthy relationships my stories probably aren't for you anyway because I dont like them.

Hinata woke up to Komaeda talking on the phone.

"You can tell the others that I'm fine if you want. But say you don't know anything about where I am,"

The other person said something.

"Really, I'm fine!" He promised. "I just... need a break from work and school and stuff. I'll be back eventually. No, it doesn't have anything to do with him,"

They said something again.

"Whatever you say. I'm gonna hang up. Bye now." He hung up and put down the phone.

"Who were you talking to?" Hinata asked.

"Nanami-san. She was saying my dad called her to ask if I'm with her and she got worried,"

"I see. When are you planning to go back home then?"

Komaeda laid down. "Never!"

"Huh?!"

"I'm just kidding. I don't know yet. This is much more fun than modeling,"

"But... you need to leave here eventually,"

Komaeda shook his head, smiling. "Why? I'm having so much fun! No one's taking weird pictures of me or telling me to always smile. I feel so relaxed,"

"That's... nice, but-"

"I understand if you want to go home. If you want to leave, I'll call you a taxi, okay? You don't have to stay if you don't want to,"

"It's not that! But... this isn't a permanent solution for your problems, you know?"

"I know. This isn't supposed to be a solution, it's just a break from my job,"

"I guess..."

Komaeda frowned. Then, he remembered something. "By the way, what was up with you yesterday at the pool? I know you weren't just tired like you said,"

"It's not important,"

"Then you can tell me, right?"

"It's just..." He sighed. "There was a guy taking pictures. I didn't want you to turn around because then he'd for sure know you were wearing a binder,"

Komaeda's eyes widened. "You're telling me this now?!"

"Well... yeah,"

"Oh God, what if he published it already?!"

"Then what? It's not like it was anything bad,"

"We need to find that guy right now!" Komaeda got up and grabbed Hinata's hand. "Let's go to the canteen. Maybe he's eating breakfast now."

They hurried to go there and luckily Hinata recognized the man in the crowd. Komaeda took a deep breath and prepared to do his best to convince him. Putting on a sweet smile, he tapped his shoulder.

"Excuse me, sir?"

"Can I help- What?!" He gasped when he saw who was talking to him.

"Uhm, I'm so so sorry to bother you and I might be mistaken, but my friend thinks he saw you take a picture of me when I was in the pool. Is that right?"

"Uh... yeah." He nodded.

Komaeda frowned. "How embarrassing! Please do me a favor and delete that picture!" He put on his best pleading look.

"Sorry, but if I get someone who can write me a good article about it, I could get a bunch of money,"

Komaeda leaned forward a bit. "Pleeeaaase? I'll do anything. I can give you money too," He offered.

The man gulped. "Fine. You give me money and you're gonna eat breakfast with me!"

"Alright. But I need to see you delete the photo later, okay?"

The man smirked. "Deal,"

During breakfast, Hinata had to sit next to the stranger while Komaeda sat in front of him.

After a while, the man finished eating and Komaeda gave him money so he would delete the picture.

Later that day, Hinata needed to talk to Komaeda about something.

"Komaeda, I uh... kinda need to go back to school,"

The pale boy frowned. "I see." He nodded. "I understand. I'm gonna call you a taxi, okay? Just... please don't tell anyone I'm here,"

Hinata nodded. "I won't. But come back soon, okay? I'll miss you,"

Komaeda smiled gently. "I'll miss you too. But you know where to find me. And... thanks for doing this with me. I really appreciate it."