24 | outed

The next morning, Kamukura and Komaeda went to the Hotel's dining hall. They sat down at their table and began to eat.

Komaeda had been extremely tired. He stayed up way too long and Kamukura barely managed to get him to wake up. He didn't even get changed yet. Kamukura had to carry him the entire way to the hotel room yesterday. Komaeda's shoes were too small and his feet hurt so he didn't want to walk. Luckily Kamukura agreed.

"Drink your tea or it will get cold," Kamukura said.

"Mhm." Komaeda hummed, stuffing his mouth with rice. "Tatses so goof,"

"Don't speak with food in your mouth,"

Komaeda swallowed. "Okay, dad..." He complained. "Kamulura-kun?"

"Yes?"

"Have you ever... like, encountered creeps because you're a model?"

"Creeps?"

"Mhm. It happened to me plenty of times,"

"It did? How horrible,"

Komaeda nodded. "Yeah. There were paparazzi who took pictures up my skirt, fangirls who tried to sneak into the locker room while I was changing, talk show hosts and interviewers who got way too close... all that stuff,"

"Hm. Most of the time it's just people who flirt with me. Mainly girls, only sometimes boys,"

"I see." Komaeda ate some more rice. "I also wanna-"

"Komaeda," Kamukura suddenly said, sounding serious.

"Uhm, yes?"

"You..." He leaned forward. "You're not wearing a binder,"

Komaeds's eyes widened. "What..? No... no no no..."

"It's okay, I don't think anyone has noticed,"

Komaeda looked to the side and shook his head. Several people were staring at him. He didn't want anyone to see him like this. He didn't want people to know he was trans. He didn't want it. Not at all.

Now he had two options:

1) Start crying and run away like he desperately wanted to.

2) Keep up his happy persona.

"Why are you all staring at him?" Kamukura asked.

"He has... uhm..." A woman pointed at his chest.

"Are you a girl, Komaeda?"

"That must be it! Boys don't look like that,"

Komaeda cleared his throat. "I'm not a girl,"

"But then... You're trans?"

It seemed as though he would have to choose the second option. The pale boy forced a smile.

"Mhm,"

"Huh?? For real?"

"M-mhm!"

"Thank God I have this on video!" A man in the back said.

"I've got several pictures!"

"Quick, we need to film this!"

Komaeda spoke up. "Ah, please don't film me right now! That's so embarrassing... I really don't look-"

"You gotta zoom in on his chest!" Someone said.

Kamukura stood up and got in front of Komaeda. "You will not zoom in on his chest. Do you not have shame?"

"But I need pictures!" The person argued.

"You are not allowed to randomly take pictures of people. Especially not with ill intent. That is sexual harassment,"

"Oh, but you're allowed to see it?"

"I am his boyfriend,"

"Kamukura-kun, let's go back to our room... I don't wanna be here right now," Komaeda whispered.

Kamukura nodded and they went back. Komaeda sat on the bed, head in his hands. "How could I forget to wear my binder? I'm so stupid!"

Suddenly, his phone rang. It was Nakamura. Komaeda sighed and picked up. He sounded very stressed.

"K-Komaeda-kun! A bunch of pictures and videos of you just got posted where you're not wearing a binder! What the hell's going on? D-did you really come out?"

"I did. I forgot to wear it, I'm sorry... I had to come out though, right? What else was I supposed to do?"

"Are... you okay?"

"I-I didn't want to..."

"It's okay. It's not like no one knew you were part of the LGBT community. It's fine, right? Yeah..."

Komaeda eventually hung up and Hinata called him.

"I, uh, saw what happened. Are you alright?"

"Not really..."

"You'll be okay. We just gotta wait until everyone forgets about the videos and photos,"

"B-but that will take so long! And even then, everyone's still gonna know..."

"It's gonna be fine," Hinata promised.

"It won't be! It's dangerous! Wh-what if I get attacked or something?"

"Then... get a bodyguard,"

"A bodyguard? Hm... good idea!"