8 | Fun

It was the day of the school dance, but Komaeda didn't want to go. He sat on his bed,  sulking. He had already excitedly picked out his outfit, but now his excitement was ruined. There were many articles being published talking about him having a breakdown at work. He went downstairs to eat something, when the doorbell suddenly rang. Komaeda lazily dragged himself to the door, yawning. When he opened it, he was surprised to see Hinata.

"Hinata-kun? What are you doing here?"

"Uh, I'm picking you up. For the dance,"

"You still wanna go out with me? E-even when they're taking all those gross pictures of me?"

"I don't care about those pictures. So? Do you want to go?"

"Uhm, just wait here a minute. I'll go get ready!" He ran upstairs and put on the dress he has picked out earlier. Then, he put on his shoes and went downstairs again.

Hinata smiled. "Your dress is really nice,"

"Ah, thank you!" The dress was knee-length and had a skirt that was really flowly when moving. "Oh no, I forgot to brush my hair. I have to go back and do it real quick, Nakamura-san said I have to look good-"

"You do look good, he doesn't know what he's talking about,"

Komaeda held onto Hinata's arm. "You really think so?"

"Of course. I've always thought that,"

"I see. Thank you. I get told that all the time, but... it feels different coming from you,"

"I can give you other compliments too. You're really clever. I don't just care about your looks, you know?"

"Heh... I don't hear that a lot. Pretty sure most people only care about my face or my body anyways..."

"Well, I don't. I think you're amazing. You're smart and kind and you're really fun to hang out with,"

They finally arrived at the school gym and went inside. The whole room was decorated and there was music playing. There was also a lot of food and drinks.

"Komaeda-kun!" Nanami called out, smiling. "I'm so glad you didn't stay home. We all missed you!"

He smiled back and walked towards her.

"Yoo! I told you guys he'd come!" Souda grinned.

The sports guys who all wanted to go out with Komaeda were there too. "We missed you, bro! Where were you?" Tachihara asked.

"I just... wasn't feeling well,"

"Your outfit is adorable!" Mioda squealed.

"Oh, thank you!" He giggled.

"Anyway, now that you're here, you have to dance with us!" Saionji demanded. "Come on, dance with your weird date!"

Komaeda laughed and looked at Hinata, who nervously smiled. "I'm not a good dancer," He said.

"Me neither!" Komaeda giggled, but they both started to dance with their classmates anyways.

After that, Komaeda and Hinata ate a bunch of food.

"Ah, Komaeda-" Hinata reached out to him and whiped his cheek. "Sorry, you had some food there,"

Komaeda blushed. "Ah, thank you. And... thanks for picking me up even though I didn't come to school,"

"Of course I would. I was looking forward to it ever since you said yes,"

"Really? How sweet." He smiled.

"Of course. I mean, you rejected like ten other guys. And I like spending time with you,"

"Oooh!" Mioda sang. "Are you guys flirting?" She smirked, putting her hands on Komaeda's shoulders. "You devil!"