13 | Sad

Sorry for the wait!

Komaeda was watching a TV show about interviews with celebrities. In this episode, he was being interviewed, but that was years ago. He was only twelve back then and it had been the very start of his career.

"Do you like being a model?" The interviewer asked.

Komaeda yawned and nodded. "Mhm,"

He was sitting on a couch next to his father.

"What do your classmates think about your job?"

"They think models are dumb, but some are still nice to me,"

"I see. Is there a celebrity that you want to meet?"

He put a hand to his chin and then nodded. "The Easter bunny,"

The interviewer and Komaeda's father chuckled.

"And do you-"

"Dad..." Komaeda muttered. "I'm so sleepy... can we go home?"

Komaeda remembered getting a lot of hate for that. On his way to school the next day, people called him rude and spoiled and said he should respect adults. He decided to watch something else now. It was an old video of him at some event for models, he forgot what it was called. He was obviously the youngest model there since he was only 13 at the time.

He was exhausted so he stopped walking with the other models. He yawned and rubbed his eyes until another model grabbed his wrist and pulled him forward. He pulled his arm away and kept standing in the same place. The model grabbed him again and dragged him with her. He began crying and then ran away.

Komaeda remembered that too. He had gotten called a crybaby and his classmates made fun of him. He never understood it. He was tired and overworked and only a child. It wasn't his fault, right?

The pale boy turned the laptop off. He had a photoshoot and needed to get there. Once the photoshoot was done, he left the building. A little girl and her mother approached him as he waited for his driver.

"Excuse me, are you Komaeda Nagito?"

"Yes, I am,"

"My daughter is a huge fan of you! Would it be okay to take a quick picture and get an autograph?"

"Oh, sure." He nodded. The woman took a picture and Komaeda signed his name on the girl's notebook.

"Thank you thank you thank you!!" She yelled. "You're my favorite model! I wanna be as cute as you when I grow up! I love your outfits!"

Komaeda smiled at her. He then took off his pink cardigan and gave it to her. "If you want, you can have it,"

She stared at him with wide eyes. "Really?"

"Yup,"

She took it, smiling brightly. "Thank you!!"

"No problem." He pat her head.

Suddenly, Kamukura walked up to him. Komaeda blushed. He still hadn't talked to him ever since... Anyway!

"Wh-what are you doing here, Kamukura-kun?"

"I just finished a photoshoot." He kissed Komaeda's forehead. The pale boy's cheeks turned pink. Now that he knew Kamukura loved him, the kisses felt different, but in a good way.

"Oh, you guys are such a cute couple!" The woman said.

Kamukura nodded. "Thank you, Lady,"

She smiled and left with her daughter.

"So, you never did reply. Do you love me back?"

"This really isn't... a good place to discuss that,"

"No one's around. Do you love me, Komaeda?"

"U-uhm..." Komaeda nervously fiddled with his sleeves.

"Yes or no? It's an easy question,"

"Y-yes, but... I like Hinata-kun too..."

Kamukura furrowed his eyebrows. "Why?"

"Huh? I just do,"

"But you are my boyfriend,"

"Uhm... publicly, yes,"

"See? Then it should be easy to choose. Dating Hinata would just be a hassle,"

Komaeda shook his head. "That's not how I'm going to choose who I want to be with,"

"Then how will you choose? Do you even know if Hinata likes you back?"

"I... I don't care. I like you guys, but having a boyfriend isn't my priority right now. Maybe once I feel better I'll think about that kinda stuff,"

"So... you feel bad at the moment?"

"A bit. I'm just... always stressed out. And no matter what good things happen, it just won't stop. I'm so tired..." He sighed.

"Tired? Of what?"

"School, my job, everything... I just wanna be left alone. When I was in that hotel for a few days, I was really happy and relaxed. I wanna feel like that again. Ugh, why is my driver so late? I wanna go home already..."

"I thought you felt better ever since you got to wear normal clothes again,"

"A bit, yeah. But... everyone always critizies me and I'm always talked about by everyone... I just wanna lock myself in my room and be left alone..."