19 | Work

"Ugh... I don't wanna go to work today..." Hinata complained.

"Oh? Why not?" Komaeda asked.

"It's always so lonely there,"

"Maybe I could start working with you!" Komaeda told him.

"That's nice, but don't you have a job to do too?"

Komaeda shrugged. "My photoshoots don't last all day. If it gets too exhausting, I can always quit,"

"I guess you can try. But don't overwork yourself,"

After school, they both went to the Café Hinata worked at. It was small, low on staff and barely anyone came there.

"Hey, Hinata-san," His boss said as he put on the uniform in the back of the building. "Who's this? He looks... familiar,"

"He's my friend, Komaeda. He wants to work here,"

"Wha- really?!"

"Mhm!" Komaeda nodded.

"Yeah, sure! You're hired!"

"Don't I need to like... sign up and fill out papers?"

"Yeah, whatever, we'll get to that eventually!"

The first two days of working there were alright. Not too many customers went to the Café. On the third, day, someone recognized him. Then, more and more people found out that Komaeda worked there.

Now, the Café was filled to the brim with people.

"What can I get for you?" Hinata asked.

"No, I want to be served by Komaeda," The man said.

"He's making coffee right now, he doesn't have time,"

"But I want to be served by him. The customer is always right,"

"Please give me a minute, sir! I'll be there for you as soon as possible!" The pale boy called out. He then carried a tray filled with cups to the front.

People began to freak out and try to talk to him. A few people pulled on his shirt and he tripped. The coffee spilled all over a man.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry, sir!" He apologized and went to get paper towels. He handed them to the man.

"No, you clean it up,"

"Ah, of course..." He began whiping the coffee off of the man as people still yelled, trying to get his attention.

The boss had told Komaeda to inform customers that they could only come in if they ordered something. This was his chance to make tons of money and get the Café back on its feet. Now everyone demanded to have their orders taken and served by Komaeda. The line of people waiting was so long it went out of the Café.

Hinata sighed. He was doing his best to help Komaeda, but barely anyone wanted to talk to him.

"Again, I'm very sorry for the inconvenience, sir." He bowed down. The crowed of people came closer and closer. Komaeda got pushed forward against the man and the crowd still kept on pushing.

"Please step back everyone..." Komaeda said, panting. It was starting to get very hot.

The bell above the door rang.

"Hey, wait for your turn!" Someone yelled.

"Step away from him!" A familiar voice shouted. The crowd parted as if it had been cut in half by a knife.

Kamukura stood there, arms crossed. "Komaeda, are you alright?"

The crowd began talking again. "Kamukura's here too?!" "Quick, take a picture of them!" "This is my lucky day!"

The dark-haired man gently grabbed Komaeda's hand ans lead him to the back of the Café. Hinata followed them.

"I'm fine, it's just... a bit much, haha! Kamukura-kun, how'd you know to come here right now?"

"Hinata called me,"

"Woah, really? You have his number? Haha, you guys get along better than I thought. That makes me happy!"

People could be heard yelling and Komaeda sighed, not so excited anymore.

Hinata rubbed his back. "Don't you think you should quit? I mean I appreciate you coming here for me, but... this isn't good for you. I can tell you're stressed out. You're shaking,"

"I'm not. Really, I'm fine. We should get back to work or else he's gonna be mad and-" He took a deep breath. "Sorry. Uhm, I'm gonna go back to work,"

"You shouldn't," Kamukura said. "You're not feeling well right now,"

"Yeah, work can be really exhausting. Taking breaks is important," Hinata told him.

"You guys are acting like I've never had a job. I know it's exhausting. But I can't just go home, can I? Sometimes you just have to put up with it." He left the room and began working again.

Komaeda didn't want to cry. He didn't want to break down. He had been doing that a lot lately and it made him feel weak. He needed to get this done. But he couldn't do that if everyone was screaming at him for attention.

"Everyone, please stand in one line so I can take your orders. Do not try talking to me unless it's your turn. Otherwise, I can't work properly!" He called out.

Of course, they didn't listen and kept yelling. "Stand in one line or I'm gonna ignore you!" He threatened. He was a bit scared. Komaeda knew it was easy to get hated for something small like this, so he was taking a big risk by not bending over backwards for his fans to serve them all at the same time.

They still didn't listen. Komaeda rolled his eyes and pointed at a random man. "You! Come here," He ordered. The man nervously approached his as the crowd began to quiet down a little. "What can I get for you?"

"U-uhm... just a hot chocolate please,"

He smiled. "Coming right up!"

"Hey, I was in the front! Why don't I get my order first?!" Someone shouted.

Komaeda ignored them and began making the drink.

"Yeah? Why'd you choose this guy?!" Another person yelled. "It's not nice to pick favorites!"

The door to the back swung open. "That's enough!" Hinata yelled. "Stand in one line like he said or I'll kick all of you out! You don't get to choose who makes your stupid coffee!" He was so going to be fired for this, but at least they listened.

"That's not fair! I was here first!"

Hinata pulled out his notebook. "What can I get for you?" He asked the first in line. They ordered. Then the next person. They ordered. And so on. This was a lot to handle for only two people, so Kamukura decided to help out too.

He began to make snacks and drinks at an inhuman speed without saying a word to anyone. He made what they ordered, handed it to them and took the money. No time for complaints or autographs.