3 | Tired

Komaeda opened the door to his house. Nakamura stood behind him. As they entered, Komaeda's mother gave them a weird look.

"Nakamura-san? I didn't know you were coming today,"

"I just need to have a quick conversation with Komaeda-kun. It's nothing serious, don't worry,"

"Oh, you're staying? I still have a bunch of homework..." Komaeda muttered.

"Ahaha, what's it with people ignoring me today? I just said it's nothing serious. It won't take long,"

Komaeda sighed. "Alright, let's go into my room."

They both went upstairs and Nakamura sat down on Komaeda's bed as the younger man put his schoolbag away.

"So, what did you want to say?"

"You're... an adult now and the photos they'll take of you will be different from now on,"

"I noticed that,"

"Right. I just want to say... if you ever feel overwhelmed, you can always talk to me about it. I know it must be a big change since your usual photos were always quite... innocent, but this change needs to happen in order to appeal to a new audience,"

"A new audience?" Komaeda tilted his head.

"Yes. Your older photos, were you were a child, appealed to adults, mostly since they're usually the ones who find kids cute, not teenagers. Now that you're a bit older, we want to try to appeal to teenagers and not adults. And you know how teenagers these days are." He leaned forward, supporting himself with his elbows on his legs. "Most of them are into this kind of stuff. Gay people are what's in now,"

Komaeda nodded. "Yeah, sure,"

"What's up with you today? You seem angry,"

"I'm sorry, I'm just a bit tired,"

"It's okay, I'll leave soon. But I do still need to discuss a few plans I have for you. First of all, I need you and Kamukura-san to take normal or... well, less professional pictures together to post on your social media accounts. We need to make this as realistic as possible. Also, you need to post more in general,"

"Mhm." He nodded again.

"Good. Also, I need you to always make sure you look good when you leave the house. I'm not expecting you to wear a full face of makeup at all times, but please at least make sure your clothes are washed and your hair is brushed, alright?"

"Yup..." He sat down on the bed.

"Haha, you're really tired, aren't you? I'll leave now, don't worry,"

"Mhm... bye..."

"Have a nice day." He got up and left the room.

A few days later, Nakamura, Kamukura and Komaeda met up in an amusement park to go on a pretend-date and take pictures.

"Alright, Komaeda-kun, I want you to just take a normal selfie of you guys next to each other,"

"Alright." He held up his phone and took a picture.

"Kamukura-san, try to look a bit less... bored," Nakamura said.

Kamukura sighed and smiled slightly. Komaeda took another picture.

"Good. Now, Komaeda-kun, I want you to kiss him on the cheek. I'll take the photo this time,"

Komaeda handed his manager the phone. And slowly leaned in towards Kamukura, blushing.

"Don't be so tense," Nakamura said.

"It's not that easy! This is embarrassing..."

Kamukura gently held Komaeda's hand, trying to calm him down. Komaeda took a deep breath and kissed his cheek.

They took a bunch of photos and videos and went home eventually. Both Komaeda and Kamukura had to post a few photos on their social media. Immediately, comments began flooding in. Most of them were complete strangers that were just fans of Komaeda or Kamukura, but some were Komaeda's friends and classmates.

A lot of the comments were nice and positive though there were still a few insults like there always were. This time, a bunch of the insults were homophobic. Komaeda decided to just put his phone away and ignore it.