16 | Choose

Hinata and Komaeda stood in a bus. His driver was sick, so he had to get home like this. The bus was very full. All of a sudden, it came to a very abrupt stop and Komaeda stumbled forward and landed with his head on Hinata's chest. They both turned red.

"S-sorry!"

He wanted to grab the loop that was hanging from the ceiling he had accidentally let go of when he fell, but someone else had grabbed it. Hinata noticed that and wrapped one arm around Komaeda to make sure he wouldn't fall. Both of them looked away from each other, embarassed.

A few stops later, they finally got off.

"Oh, look!" Komaeda pointed at the sky. "It looks like a storm's on its way to us,"

"Damn, today is not our lucky day." Hinata sighed.

"Hey, no need to start sulking. Though I do need to make sure to not get wet. I have a photoshoot in an hour and I'll by in trouble if my hair is wet,"

Hinata pulled an umbrella out of his bag. "We can use it if it starts raining,"

"Oh, you came prepared! How clever." He smiled.

"I always have one with me. By the way, what kinda photoshoot do you have today?"

"It's an advertisement for Halloween costumes,"

"Oh that's right, it is coming up soon. Do you know what the costumes are gonna be?"

"I only know one. I'll be dressed as a prince and Kamukura-kun as a knight,"

Hinata's smile fell. "Uh-huh."

"Speaking of which, I was thinking. Maybe the three of us could hang out together one time. Kamukura-kun already said yes, so-"

"I'm not gonna be a third wheel all day,"

"You won't be, I promise. Come on. We've been friends for years now, are you really gonna reject me?" He sulked. "Pleeeaaase,"

"R-reject you?! No! Of course not! We can hang out!"

"Yay! How about tomorrow after school?"

"Yeah, sure,"

"Cool. I really need to hurry now though, see you!" He left after that.

In the evening, Komaeda fell into his bed, tired. Today had been a long day of school and work. He was excited for the next day. A bit nervous too, but mostly excited. Maybe Kamukura and Hinata would get along. Maybe. He hoped so.

-

Kamukura waited in front of Komaeda's school for him and Hinata. He felt a bit annoyed. He didn't want Komaeda to like the brunet.

"Kamukura-kun!" Komaeda called out, running towards him. "Hey!"

"Hello." He kissed Komaeda's forehead.

"Hi." Hinata said, arms crossed.

"I was thinking we could go get lunch together. I am pretty hungry," Komaeda said.

Hinata nodded. "Sure,"

They went to a fast food place. Komaeda wanted to eat something tasty like a burger or pizza, but he wasn't allowed to eat a lot of unhealthy food. He needed to stay in shape to look good. That's why he only ordered a salad, even though he hated salad. Eating leaves wasn't exaclty filling. He didn't get it. It's not like he was gaining weight or anything. Whatever. He just had to do what he was told.

"Komaeda, you've got something on your face." Hinata reached out and rubbed his cheek.

"He didn't even have something on his face," Kamukura said.

"He did. You just didn't see it because you weren't paying attention to him,"

"I was and that's how I know he didn't have something on his face,"

"Stop being childish," Komaeda told them. "I don't care if there was something on my face or not,"

This was awkward. Now no one was talking. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all. Komaeda sighed.

"I think I'm gonna go home... you guys really don't get along..."

"No, stay!" Hinata said. "We can get along,"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, he's correct," Kamukura agreed.

"Fine then, we'll try again,"

After they ate, they went to Komaeda's place and watched a movie. Komaeda put his head on Hinata's shoulder. The brunet turned a bit red, but didn't really mind it. It was nice being this close to Komaeda. Kamukura was annoyed by this, but he didn't do anything. He wanted Komaeda to enjoy himself. But... he also wanted to finally put an end to all this. He didn't want to keep trying to win Komaeda's heart all the time.

"Hinata, you like Komaeda, right?"

"Huh?" The brunet raised an eyebrow. Komaeda stared at Kamukura, confused.

"I know you wanna be with him, but I do too,"

"Yeah, I know. You guys are dating after all,"

"Komaeda, I want you to decide," Kamukura said. "Either you choose Hinata or me,"

"Huh?? What??" Komaeda frantically looked at him. "Hinata-kun probably doesn't even like me, what the heck are you trying to do??"

"I... I do like you. But I didn't want you to find out through him,"

"Wh-what?!"

"Choose one. Now,"