~Save Them All~

POV (Y/n)

-Day 11 in the Scorch-

I sit with the boys overlooking the camp in happy silence. They'd seemed to forget about my atrocities for now as we enjoyed each other's company. "I wish Alby could have seen this," Newt says and I nod "and Winston," Fry adds "and Gally," I add "and Chuck," Thomas says fiddling with the wooden figure Chuck had given him what feels like so long ago. "He'd be proud of you, you know, Tommy," Newt tells Thomas and I nod. I think of Gally and wonder what he'd think of me now. "Yeah," Thomas mutters "Hey, Aris!" Frypan calls out gaining the attention of the boy below us.

"Hey, guys!" he calls out and I smile "I kinda like that kid," Fry admits and Minho smirks "yeah, I still don't trust him, though," he says causing some chuckles too escape us. I look at Minho for a moment and realize how much our friendship had changed in the last two weeks. When Thomas stands to go to Teresa I go closer to Minho "hey, can we talk?" I ask and nods. We walk to an empty area not far from the others. "I'm sorry," I say not able to look into his eyes "I know you had to kill Gally, and I don't blame you. I'm just so mad, and I had to put it on someone. You were the only one who I could take it out on. Now I've done so many things, I'm sure you don't care about my apolg-" he cuts me off by pulling me into a tight hug.

"No matter what happens, no matter what you do, as long as your hearts in the right place I trust you," he tells him and I bury my face in his chest. "Minho, thank you for sticking with me, and staying my twin flame," I joke and I feel his laugh in his chest he pulls back ruffling my hair but the happy moment is ruined by the sound of aircrafts. The entire camp jumps to action, afraid, but ready. I hurry to a gun with the others making sure we're together. "Thomas! Teresa!" I shout as I fire praying for some kind of reply.

I felt the familiar anger bubble inside of me at the sight of so many WICKED operatives. I hated to admit it but every time one fell from my bullet piercing them I felt happy. I enjoyed killing these evil people who were responsible for everything bad that had happened to me. We were fighting for our lives, but it wasn't enough. So many began to surround us and they threw some kind of bomb our way. When it went off we call fell to the ground seizing from being electrocuted. I tried hard to move but I felt exhausted as I was dragged to a line of kids with the others. 

When Janson comes into view all I want is to attack him, and I wasn't sure where the energy came from when I pounced on him. My knife was raised and ready, but before I could stab him in the neck I was shot with another electrifying shot. I could hear Janson laugh as he came to stand over me "(Y/n), (Y/n), (Y/n), didn't dear old Gally ever tell you not to run with knives?" he asked picking up the knife I'd just had and he dragged it from above my eyebrow down over my eye and past it onto my cheek. 

I shouted in pain but he didn't flinch and threw the knife aside "put her back in line," he shouted and I quickly cupped my eye as I was dragged back into place the boys came to me "(Y/n) are you okay?" Fry asks and I could barely respond through gritted teeth. I nod for their sake as my good eye glares at Janson. I feel sick as they scan my neck and read out a number, I'm not their damn science experiment. "Where's Thomas?" Janson asks looking out over the crowd "right here," Thomas says walking towards us his hands raised. 

I feel my mouth fall open in shock, that idiot what was he doing? Guards flank him and bring him to Janson "Thomas," Janson greets with a smile before punching Thomas in the stomach causing him to double over in pain, and I wince with my brother. "Get him in line," Janson orders, and Thomas is put in place next to me. "Why didn't you run?" Minho asks and Thomas sighs "I'm tired of running," he says as we all watch and wait for whatever's next. 

Another larger aircraft comes in, and when I see who's on it I nearly scoff. Shucking Ava Paige, of course, she's here "is this all of them?" she asks approaching Janson "Most of them, it'll be enough," Janson tells her and I grimace. "Start loading them in," she orders "yes ma'am," he acknowledges "okay, you heard her! Get 'em on!" he shouts and the guard around us begins grabbing kids and pulling them onto the aircraft. Thomas is singled out and brought in front of Ava, "hello Thomas," she greets, and then I see her turn to greet someone else.

"I'm glad you're safe," she says to Teresa and I gnash my teeth together "You're one of them!" I shout disgusted as we move behind Thomas. "What's going on?" Newt asks still in disbelief "she's with them," Thomas answers and I am horrified as I glare at her. "Teresa's always had an evolved sense of appreciation of the greater good," Janson chimes, and I flinch at him and scold myself internally. "Once we restored her memories, it was only a matter of time," Janson continues to explain and I shake my head feeling nauseous with the movement. "I'm sorry, I had no choice. This is the only way, we have to find a cure," she says and I scoff as I feel tears spring to my eyes.

All of the people they've killed for a cure. "She's right. This is all just a means to an end. You use to understand that, Thomas. No matter what you think of me... I am not a monster, I'm a doctor. I swore an oath to find a cure!" she says but we all are barely listening at this point "we just need more time," she says "more blood!" the doctor says standing up to face Ava "Mary, I'd hoped we'd meet again. I'm sorry it had to be under these circumstances," Ava says and Mary scoffs "I'm sorry about a lot of things, too, but not this. At least my conscience is clear," she says and Ava straightens her shoulders.

"So is mine," she says as a shot rings out in the air I can see blood pooling on Mary's shirt and Vince runs to her, holding her while screaming. "Come on Janson, load them up," Ava says turning back to the aircraft I stumble as I'm pushed along but Thomas doesn't keep us moving long before he knocks out the guard and pulls out the explosive from earlier. "Get back!" He shouts repeating the words frantically as he waves around the bomb. "Let them go!" Thomas demands pointing to the aircraft and Ava and Janson have the audacity to look shocked by the request. "You know we can't do that!" Ava shouts.

"Thomas please stop, I made a deal with them. They promised, they promised we'd be safe. All of us," Teresa says and I scoff "does this look safe!" I accuse as Ava and Teresa continue to talk him down. "Thomas, do you really want all of them to die?" Ava asks and Thomas begins to falter, but we move to his side not afraid of death but afraid of them. "We're with you Thomas," Newt tells him and I lay my head on his back trying to push down the fear. "We're not going back there," Thomas says plainly as he prepares to smash the trigger.

We're interrupted by a horn and watch as an armed vehicle causes an aircraft to crash, and I know who it is right away. Jorge, we all scramble and Thomas triggers the explosion to keep WICKED away from us and we all begin to fight again. We move quickly and although I can hardly see I do what I can to fire a gun. If anything this has improved my aim, I laughed as I fired away at the WICKED opps on the ground, but fear grips my heart when too many get close to Minho. "Minho!" I shout as he's hit and they begin to drag him away, and although we fight to rescue him we are held back.

I stare helplessly as the aircraft lifts into the air with Minho, Sonya, and Aris inside. 

When the next morning comes we're all worn, and I have a half-assed bandage covering half of my face. I focus mostly on sharpening my knives "what do we do now?" Fry asks "well, we pick up what's left of us. We stick to the plan. We get you kids to the safe haven. Then start over, I guess," he says and I shake my head and Thomas stands slinging a pack over his arm. "I'm not going with you," he says and I stand with him "neither am I," I state plainly "what?" Vince asks confused as to why we'd not go to safe haven.

I made a promise to Minho, that I wouldn't leave him behind. I have to go after him," Thomas explains, confident in that alone. "hey, kid, look around you," Vince says gesturing to the ruins of the right arm "WICKED just kicked our ass. You think about where you're headed," Vince says trying to convince us to stay "We're not asking anyone to come with us, but we are going," I say looking to Newt and Frypan. "(Y/n), Thomas listen to me. I've known Minho for... Well, for as long as I can remember. So, if there was any way that we could help him, trust me, I would be up there with the two of you. This, what you're talking about, is impossible," Newt tells us and Thomas only shrugs.

I nod at my brother as I lay a hand on his shoulder, he'd inspired them, and now we have a chance. To save them all.