~Shit~

POV (Y/N)

-1 Year and 15 Days in the Scorch-

"(Y/n)!" I hear Gally call to me as I sit on top of the roof wiping the tears from my face. "Listen I know I shouldn't have gone off like that, but... She acts like she's innocent. Like I'm the one who should be ashamed," I tell him and he sits next to me pulling me into his chest. "Gally, I'm not the same (Y/n) who ran into the maze," I tell him as I pull away and look into his eyes and he furrows his brows in confusion. "What do you mean?" he asks not understanding that while he may have been humbled by his own mistakes I'd been hardened by mine.

"When I thought you died, I died too. I felt guilt and shame and I was mourning so many people, you, Chuck, Jacob, and so many more... I hated that I'd survived while all of you paid that price. I hated the people responsible, I killed people... and I didn't feel sorry after the first time. I wanted them to have the same body count as us. I'm a monster Gally," I told him dropping my gaze and Gally was silent for a long minute.

"You're not a monster you're just angry. I don't think you should be killing everyone, but I can't blame you for wanting some revenge," he tells me he runs his fingers through my hair and I lean into his touch. "If you're a monster, so am I," he says and I can't believe after hearing what I've done he still loves me and trusts me. Gally holds me until I'm ready to rejoin the others Teresa doesn't look at me obviously bothered by my speech. I don't really care in all honesty. 

"It's time for me to head out hermana," Jorge says coming up from behind me "Be safe out there Jorge, and don't leave us hanging," I tell him and he smirks as if it's a ridiculous notion. I pull him in for a quick hug and he returns it without hesitation, and before he goes he hands me a flask with a wink "for the nightmares," he says. I laugh and can't help but smile at him even though it tugs at my scar. As he leaves I move to prepare myself for the plan. It was now or never and I'm not losing anyone else.

I dress in security uniforms with Gally, Newt, and Thomas and while we walk with Teresa I keep my eyes peeled. I don't trust Teresa for a minute and wouldn't be shocked if she betray us twice. When we pass through the sensors I feel a small wave of relief go through me, passed through our first obstacle. As we enter the stairwell Gally stops us "hold on, I need to get in here," Gally tells us as his eyes scan the control box. "Throw me a walkie!" Thomas shouts to me and I toss him one without hesitation. 

I stand next to Teresa refusing to let her out of arms reach. Newt lifts up his mask and begins coughing hard having to choke back the bile in his throat. I try to look away but Teresa stares at him with intensity, when she looks away she actually has the audacity to speak to me. "How long has he been sick?" she asks but I don't answer her I don't know and even if I did she's lost the right to know. Gally worked quickly while Thomas radioed the others, I felt a cold sweat form on the back of my neck at the fear that this might not work.

"Okay let's go!" Gally says as he finishes his work for Lawerence, I think if I had more of an opportunity I would have joined Lawerence too. Taking down WICKED was all I wanted now, they are what's ruined the world. We enter the room where Minho and the serum should be guns blazing. It honestly felt too easy as they fell one after another, but these idiots did think their place was 'invincible', and no doubt there'd be reinforcement soon. We all were quick to open the doors that held dozens of immunes inside.

"Come on you're getting out of here," I told the kids as I pulled off my mask showing them I'm one of them. "Guys this might take some time," Gally says as he settles in front of the vault that held the serum that Newt and Lawerence needed. I nodded and then I furrow my brow as I look at the faces surrounding us and I lock eyes with Thomas. "Shit," he mutters as he approaches Teresa "where is he?" he asks her as he gestures around.

We won't leave you Minho.