~Gally~

POV (Y/n)

-1 Year and 14 Days in the Scorch-

"Gally?" Thomas and I say in union shock taking over everyone who'd seen Gally die. Gally's eyes finally leave Thomas to look at me and I'm sure it's a shocking sight but has little time to talk before Thomas tackles him with a punch. "Thomas!" I shout at him as I run to him with Newt, and I couldn't believe what I was doing but my fighting instinct had a knife to my brother. "Thomas, get off of him," I say coldly not even letting my eyes flicker to Gally on the ground. 

Thomas is unphased, used to my violence after the long year. "Stop it Tommy, and you too (Y/n)," Newt says to the both of us as we hold our lethal stares, not daring to move a muscle. "He killed Chuck," Thomas states, and I stiffen at another name that holds too much pain to process, but I don't dare move. "Yeah, I know. I remember. I was there too, all right? But I also remember that he was stung and half out of his mind," Newt says and the painful memory causes my damned right eye to start crying again. 

"Just calm down," Newt says in a whisper after looking at the trained guns plus my knife all on Thomas. "Thomas, get off of him," I say and he finally pulls away violently and turns his furry on me. "So that's it huh? He's back and now you're willing to kill me?" Thomas shouts in my face and I glare at him "what if it'd been Teresa?" I ask and Thomas is sobered by my words but not happy. He turns away from me angrily, but I don't dare look anywhere. Not sure if I can handle looking into Gally's blue eyes I know too well. 

I can hear him stand to his feet though "kind of had that coming," I hear Gally say and I can even feel his eyes on me. "Anybody else? Fry? Newt?.... (Y/n)?" he asks but I don't move my eyes from the floor. "Do you know this guy?" Jorge asks me and I close my eyes not able to do much else other than nod "he's an old friend," Fry answers for me. Jorge looks at me and I meet his gaze with a sigh raising my left wrist "maybe more than a friend," I say sounding exhausted and I am.

When I finally look back at Gally he's staring straight at me. "How?" Newt asks pulling away his gaze "how is this possible? We watched you die," Newt says "no, you left me to die," Gally states sadness evident in his voice and I feel like I've been stabbed. I furrow my brows in sadness and scoff "And if we hadn't found you when we did, you'd be dead right now," Gally continues as I fall apart. I don't stay with them after that, I couldn't. Gally saying those words made everything break, a dam I had worked hard to build just blew up.

They won't let me stay away long, and Brenda grabs me and leads me behind the group. "So that's your Gally?" she asks and I don't respond "no," I say broken remembering why our marks are grayed out. I touch the tattoo and feel like I might die, the thrum I feel is his heartbeat. "After the maze, I got picked up by a group heading to the city. They realized I was immune, patched me up, and they brought me here to Lawrence," Gally explains as we walk and it feels wrong for him to just talk so casually.

To act like he's not just been brought back from the dead like we haven't seen each other in over a year. I drown out most of what he says but recognize the anger in his voice when he talks about WICKED, sounds like me. "No wonder you and (Y/n) are soulmates. You're both so serious," Brenda says causing me to glare at her, but Gally looks back at me with something like pity in his eyes. "The (Y/n) back in the glade wasn't serious," Gally throws before turning the conversation back to the leader of whatever resistance he'd join, Lawrence.

"Listen, uh, he doesn't get a lot of visitors, so let me do the talking. All right? And try not to stare," Gally tells us mostly talking to Thomas who has a habit of speaking when he shouldn't before he leads us into a dark room. I can see flowers, roses everywhere, book shelves, and a single man and his guard. The man is muttering as we walk closer and Gally is quick to put away his gun, but I'm more hesitant to put my weapons away. I let a small knife dance between my fingers a small comfort when I have little control.

When the man turns I'm shocked by what I see.