~Nothing Compares~

POV (Y/n)

-1 Year and 14 Days in the Scorch-

Gally and I's reunion is short, too much looms over us for our reunion to be savored. When we meet back up with the others I look at Thomas and he stares back with a clenched jaw. He hates Gally that much is evident, but how he feels toward me right now is much more complicated.  Gally brings us to a room left in wreckage with a large metal grate in the center. He waist no time taking his hand away from my own to move the grate away revealing a large hole going far down past what I can see. 

He lowers a ladder down and I look back to Thomas and cross to his side. "Don't die," I tell him looking down into the depths and he scoffs "I thought that wasn't any of your concern since you got him back," he jabs eyes flicking to Gally. I shake my head only slightly "keeping you alive is my main concern, and for the record, I never intended on killing you," I tell him meeting his eyes and he meets my gaze. He looks between my (e/c) with his and then engulfs me in a hug. 

"I'll make sure we all come back alive," he mutters to me a small smirk graces my lips as we pull away from one another. Gally moves to sit next to the ladder his legs dangling into the hole. "Gally takes care of these two," Fry tells him with a gentle smile across his features "Yeah," Gally responds moving to the ladder and looking into my eyes now instead of Frypan's "I will," he adds, as he begins his descent down into the hole. Thomas and Newt follow behind him without much delay and I watch them climb down until they're out of view.

When they disappear from view my eyes shoot back up toward Lawerence and his men. "So, what do you know about WICKED?" I ask cutting to the chase and Lawerence gives me a grin that can only be described as grim. Lawerence gives information in form of maps, WICKED guard's tactical gear, and so much more. It doesn't take me long to memorize simple things about WICKED's facility but I needed more. The maps didn't exactly scream where the test subjects like Minho were being held, and I can only assume that the medicine promised to Lawerence was in the safe.

By the time the boys return I have little to share other than what I'm sure Gally has already said to them. We all surround a table with the maps and gear debating plans, and I can't help but play with one of my knives as I go over the material. "The way I see it we only have one option," Gally starts and I nod "We need Teresa," I add and Thomas stiffens at the mere mention of his backstabbing soulmate. "I say we use Thomas as a lure and bring her back here and use her to get inside," Gally states plainly and I nod "No way," Thomas states, and I narrow my eyes at him.

"Do you have klunk for brains?" I ask "There is no other way in, she is our only option," Gally tells him and Thomas scoffs "you really think she's going to help us?" He asks looking between me and Gally. "I don't plan on asking for her permission," Gally says and Brenda cuts in "am I missing something here? This is the same girl who betrayed us? Same dick?" she asks and Gally jabs his thumb towards her "I like her," he states plainly.

I can see the pain in my brother "what's going on?" Brenda asks him her eyes boring into his as Thomas paces and I know what's going on. It's not an easy thing going against your soulmate the grayed-out matching marks on Gally and I's wrists are evidence enough. "What? Are you afraid your little girlfriend is gonna get hurt?" Newt asks in a harsher tone than I'm used to from him.  "Hmm? This has obviously never been just about rescuing Minho?" Newt accuses and Thomas turns to him with his eyebrow knitted together in confusion. 

"Newt, what are you talking about?" Thomas asks him "Teresa! I mean she's the only reason Minho's even missing in the first place and now we finally have an opportunity to get him back and what? You don't want to because of her?" Newt asks his tone rising as he backs Thomas up against a wall. "Because deep down inside you still care about her. You're just as weak as your sister never giving up on your soulmates even when they betray you, just admit it," Newt orders I stiffen at the mention of me and I glare at the back of Newt's head.

I begin to approach them but Gally grabs my wrist stopping me. "Newt I-" Thomas starts, but Newt cuts him off thrusting him back against the wall "Don't lie to me! Don't lie to me!" he shouts in his face. Shocking us all and I quickly shake Gally off to move in between the two, pushing Newt away with cold eyes. Although I'm mad at the boy I see instant regret in his eyes as he realizes his actions. "Sorry," he whispers looking between Thomas and me before turning to apologize to the rest of our group and making a swift exit.

Thomas leaves to follow him but I stay planted. I only feel angry at Newt's words, comparing Gally to Teresa was outrageous and disgusted me. I feel Gally's hand on my should pulling me out of my rage and I lay my hand on his gently trying to savor the feeling. "Come on," he tells me as my eyes meet his, and we move back toward the table with the others. Although I know I should be focusing on the plan I feel my focus is drawn to Gally and our grayed-out tattoos.

I push myself onto my toes to plant a kiss on his cheek and I whisper to him "I accept you as my soulmate," he whips his head to look at me quickly as he repeats the words cementing the bond. The feeling of the color returning to my tattoo is much different than when it leaked away. The group doesn't stare or even try to interrupt the intimate moment, but I can see the smile latched to Frypan's features.