~Down Goes WICKED~

POV (Y/n)

-1 Year and 16 Days in the Scorch-

Gally leads us away as Minho and I carry Newt back to the aircraft Brenda follows behind us. I hug Jorge tightly when reunited "thanks for showing up," I tell him "I had to save your asses," he jokes and I let out a light laugh. "We need to go. Thomas, he's at WICKED. He's trying to save Newt," I tell them as I strap into a seat and remove the WICKED guard jacket. "Okay! Let's go!" Jorge shouts heading for the controls without missing a beat. As we fly over towards the building I see flames and undo my belts. 

"Something definitely wrong," I tell them as I watch Teresa and Thomas lay on the roof of a burning building. "Jorge! Get as close as you can!" I shout and get ready at the hatch "Gally, I need rope," I tell him and I can hear his smirk "yes ma'am, captain (Y/n)," he tells me and I can't help but smirk back. "I can't get any closer!" Jorge shouts to us as we secure ourselves with metal wires to lean out of the aircraft. When the hatch opens I call out to my brother "Thomas!" I scream as Teresa basically drags my brother along. The heat radiating off of the burning building is hard to not flinch away from, but I stand my ground as my brother limps towards me.

I reach out my hand "Jump Tommy!" I scream at him my eyes burning into his. When our hands touch we're shaken apart by the blast of another nearby building. Teresa and I make eye contact as she thrust Thomas onto the craft and I catch him in my arms. I nod at her and push my brother to the side ready to catch her next "come on Teresa!" I shout but the nearby building collapses into WICKED, and the building crumbles under her feet. A tear leaves my eye when Thomas reaches out and I can see his tattoo already begin to leech away any sign of color.

I turn to him and begin applying pressure to his wound. "Someone look in his pocket! He has to have the serum for Newt!" I tell them "I got it!" Gally calls and he moves to Newt quickly. Once Thomas is stable I don't dare leave his side, his unconscious figure slumps onto my the entire flight back to where the remaining immunes were being held. I laugh lightly for a second as I look to Gally "what's funny?" he asks and I smile "we're going to the ocean," I tell him as the aircraft finally lands.

When Gally steps out he holds my hand firmly in his "looks like you were taking me all along," he says eyes set on the blue horizon as the sun began to rise.