~No Choice~

POV (Y/n)

-1 Year and 16 Days in the Scorch- (it's like early early in the morning at this point)

As Thomas attempts to get Newt's attention I can tell that Newt's focus is far away "Newt!" he shouts and Newt's focus finally returns to us "come on buddy we've gotta go now. We can do this," Thomas tells him and Newt shakes his head and reaches for his neck "You've gotta take this!" he shouts at us "not now we really need to go," Thomas tries to tell him "just take it!" Newt screams at him in a feral tone shocking us both. I snatch it out of his grasp and secure it around my own neck "okay, I've got it Newt," I tell him pushing his hair back again.

"Now let's go," I tell him giving him pleading eyes and he stops fighting us as we pull his arms over us. Newt groans with every move, he's gasping and fighting but he's struggling to keep it together. "Come on Newt, stay with us!" Thomas pleads as Newt is basically falling over himself unable to even stand. Newt falls to the ground pulling us with him as he gasps for breath "Newt!" I shout at him as Thomas presses an ear to his chest listening to his ever-slowing heart.

We pull Newt with everything we have and I can feel tears escape my right eye in a flood. We fall to the ground again, give out and I begin to cry "Thomas?" we hear Teresa's voice says over the speaker and I look at Thomas shocked. "Can you hear me? I need you to listen to me, I know you have no reason to trust me, but I need you to come back. Thomas, you, and (Y/n) can save Newt. There's still time for him. There's a reason Brenda isn't sick anymore, it's your blood, do you understand? She isn't sick because you cured her. She doesn't need to be the only one, all you have to do is come back, and this can all finally be over. Please, just come back to me. I know you'll do the ri-" and she's cut off. 

I stand and look at Thomas, "what do we do?" I ask my big brother as tears stream down my cheeks. He turns to look at me but his eyes fall on something else I turn to see Newt standing, but his posture is slouched and unlike him. "Newt?" Thomas asks looking at our friend and I take a step back afraid of my first friend. When he turns to look at us his eyes fall on Thomas, but I see no clarity and I gasp. When Newt lunges at Thomas I jump back afraid and Thomas pushes Newt away from him. Thomas tries hard to pull Newt back to reality but Newt still fights him "Tommy! Kill me!" Newt pleads with his remaining sanity, and as Thomas goes to approach him.

Newt is standing and attacking once again, when he pins Thomas down I'm finally shaken out of my frozen fear. I turn and scour the ground for something until I remember the gun that hangs at my hip. It'll only electrocute him but I just need time! I aim my sights at him as he grabs Thomas's real gun. I fire before he has a chance and he falls off of Thomas shaking and convulsing "go!" I shout at Thomas while Newt still lies on the ground. 

"I'll keep him down until they get here with the serum, but you need to get more!" I tell him hoping he understands. Thomas looks at Newt with tears in his eyes but leaves us as I've asked. When Newt stops shaking I run at him fast and attempt to pin him down. "Newt just hold on! Hold on!" I scream at him as he fights me. "Kill me!" he shouts again and I grab the gun again, but this time I smash the butt of it to his head. I sob as I do, but I have to. When he falls back I press my ear to his chest and hear his heartbeat and sigh in relief.

"I said I wasn't going to let you die," I mutter through the tears as Brenda, Minho, and Gally run up behind me. "I had to knock him out, he was going to kill me," I tell them and Gally pulls me off of him and holds me as Brenda administers the serum. "Where's Thomas?" Minho asks and I look to WICKED "he's going to save him," I tell them.