~City~

POV (Y/n)

-1 Year and 12 Days in the Scorch-

As the wind whipped my hair violently I felt pure adrenaline, today we were getting Minho back. It took a year of planning and failed attempts, but today was it. No more half-assed jobs, I rode with Fry to our spot and felt a smile tug at my lips when we hid. We're the trap and although they wanted me to use a gun I refused. A year of knife practice has made me proficient, and I wanted to put my skills to use. Although thanks to Janson I only have one good eye, I use to have two (e/c) eyes but now the right one was a milky gray color.

Not pretty but it didn't bother me, and it made me rely more on my other senses. When I hear Brenda and Jorge's rover approaching it takes everything in me to stay still. "Step out of the vehicle with your hands up!" I hear the intercom of the aircraft announce Brenda and Jorge do as asked but have no intention of surrendering. "Stop right there don't move!" I hear someone shout to them over the drone of the aircraft "I said freeze assholes!" another shouts and I smirk. 

"Whatever you say, Hermano," Jorge says using the code word and I go into action detonating the first trap a pit right under their feet. I then run out from under my trap and Fry does the same on the alternate side. I raise my machete and keep my eyes wide in anticipation, "y'all don't wanna do that now," Fry tells one of the guards as he presses his rifle to the man's face. "Good to see you, Fry, (Y/n)," Brenda says as Fry and I get up close and personal with the WICKED personnel.

"Good to see you guys," Fry calls to them as I look at the guards "Go on, back up," I say pushing my machete closer to one neck leaving him no choice. It doesn't take us long to secure the officers in another pit in the ground while taking all their weapons and ammunition. "Nice new knife (Y/n)," Harriett says as we load onto the aircraft, and I smile "thanks, just got it," I respond as I strap in as Jorge takes the controls. It takes no time for the large craft to find Thomas, and the others over the section of the train we hope has Minho inside. 

My good eye stares into it as if I can see through, and I hope he's really there. As we drop down the attachments we pray that no bullets puncture our friends below. All I hear are bullets "Come on Thomas, let's go!" I shout and he calls for Vince in turn. It's a stressful few minutes, but that's all it takes to secure the department and Vince before the aircraft lifts off. Everyone shouts in cheers, we succeded, whether Minho is on or not we saved at least a hundred kids.

As soon as we touch down, Newt is working on getting the door open. All of us were on our toes ready to storm in to look for familiar faces, Minho, Aris, and Sonya. When the door opens I let Thomas go first, my face didn't exactly calm nerves when seen by WICKED captives. Our eyes land on Aris quickly, "Aris," I say feeling relief especially since Sonya is right next to him, two down and one to go. "Hey, you guys okay?" Thomas asks placing a hand on Aris's shoulder, but the boy is beaten and bruised a black eye gained for whatever trouble he gave WICKED.

"Yeah, we're fine," Sonya answers as Aris just looks on shocked and breathing hard. With that we leave them to Harriett's warm embrace, she missed them most of all. "It's okay. You guys are safe, all right? Just hang on," Thomas says to the other teens in the compartment with Aris and Sonya. But our eyes still search but see no sign of the muscular teen with raven hair we'd been searching for. I bite hard on the inside of my cheek, no, not again, we came so close. "He's not here," Thomas states turning to Newt and me.

We knew the same as him but speaking the words put a bitter taste in my mouth. When we came out onto the oceanside where we'd been holding up for the last few months I was doing my best not to feel defeated. When I stare out all I see is Gally, "I was supposed to take you to the ocean," were his last words to me, and now here I am without him. I don't listen to the speech that Vince gives, I've heard it too many times to count. When I hear the word cure I feel sick, but not as sick as I feel when he talks about leaving Minho.

I move to the room where Sonya was treating Aris's many wounds. I find Thomas, and the others gathering with them there as well "took you guys long enough to rescue us," Aris jokes with a smirk and I roll my eyes at him with a small smirk of my own. "Good to see you too, Aris," I say sarcastically causing a wider and obviously painful smile to find its way to his face. "So what happened?" Thomas asks eyes soft and kind, "I fought back. Tried to, anyway," Aris answered his eyes looking down at the floor now as the memories flood his thoughts.

"You're lucky you found us at all. They had us on the move a lot, it felt like something big was happening," Sonya explained recapping the last year of her imprisonment. "Any idea where they were heading?" Newt asked mind still a buzz with what we were all still thinking, where is Minho? "All I know is, they kept talking about a city," Aris told us and I furrow my brows thinking of the many "cities" I'd seen since fleeing WICKED.

Thomas and I share a look both thinking the same thing "I didn't think there were any cities left," Harriett says and I stand from my spot pacing lightly my favorite pass time. "That's because there aren't. At least not still standing anyways," Brenda says and I scoff. "Obviously there has to be a city. WICKED said city, so there must be a city we don't know about," I state walking towards a map in the room. My eyes dust over it in search as they continue talking "okay, wait. What about Minho? Why wasn't he on the train?" Thomas asks and I hear the loud silence that passes.

"I'm sorry, Thomas. He was," Aris finally answers and I continue to chew on my cheek as I search the map.