Evanescent - I

Previously:

Contrary to the opinion of common man, the distant land of Greshit was not one to be taken for granted. With four walls surrounding the Empire followed by thousands of miles in deep forests, it is practically impossible and quite ambitious of a person to believe that they can escape the eyes of the Ruler and leave the Empire unharmed. However it wasn't the ruler that one should fear but rather the Church of Greshit. While the Emperor controlled the Empire, the church above all controlled the Emperor in the name of their love for God and religion. This led to the Emperor making several dire decisions which led to the unrightful downfall of many, including the Most Ancient and Noble of Aleri.

--

One may believe that as a daughter of a Noble House Luan would have lived in luxury. They're right to a certain extent, of course, growing up in riches is never a bad thing. It always gives you more options and allows you to lead a comfortable life. However, in reality, what Luan missed the most was her family. She'd do anything just to see them once more... At that moment, her eyes opened as she tried to shake off her thoughts.

No, her family had suffered enough hell in this world and deserved peace. At that thought, a barely noticeable bitter smile spread across her face. She could practically imagine her mother gently admonishing her for the crude language while her father and older sisters tried to hold in their laughter at seeing the very prim and proper Luan getting reprimanded for lousy etiquette.

Walking in the quiet forest as she peacefully basked in the moonlight she once again permitted herself to drown in her thoughts. After what felt like hours she approached in front of a lake and finally sat down to allow her feet some rest. Shuffling through her bag she fetched an apple and bit into it. Once again she was reminded of her mother who would have insisted on at least cutting the apple into pieces before eating it. Luan then stared up at the starry sky and began tracing the constellations.

Hercules

Aquila

Serpens

and of course.....

Ophiuchus, the Serpent Bearer.

As she watched the stars her eyes fell upon the moon. Luan was a name mostly meant for the masculine race, yet still a beautiful name nonetheless. Of course, the name took after its namesake which was the moon. Luan's family had a tradition of naming every child born after a star or constellation however the tradition had been broken when she was named.

Destined for great things, terrible but great was what her parents had been told, however, unlike the common assumption that wasn't the reason her family had broken the tradition. Her birthday, 21st December, fell upon the day of the Winter Solstice, the date of the longest night. The day of her birth was also a Monday, the day dedicated to the Goddess of the Moon due to which her family found the name befitting.

Luan wasn't completely sure about how much of the tale was true and how much had not. However, she had accepted it as the accurate events as this was what she had heard her parents talk about. Her eyes then aimlessly fell upon the water as her mind began to recollect the events of the day that destroyed her entire life.

--

Excited giggles and footsteps echoed across the floor as Heiress Adhara Alari was being chased by her two younger sisters Andromeda and Luan Alari.