I

aaliyah moor 23

aaliyah moor
23

flashback...

"i'm so sick of this jonathan!" my mother shouted.

"i'm sick of it too tia! i work too hard to and too long to be dealing with this shit!" he spat.

"i'm just tired." she breathed sounding defeated. "if you wanna pick drugs over your family so be it."

i sat at the dinning room table with my My Life doll just stroking her hair with the soft winnie the pooh brush i had which his face was coming off of.

"what?" he asked.

"i can't do this anymore." my mom said pulling off her wedding ring.

tears started coming down daddy's face and i had never seen him cry. mama looked so hurt too, her eyes filled with tears and in a blink of an eye they fell.

i was extremely confused until i heard these words.

"i want a divorce ." the words fell from my mothers lips.

my eyes clouded and my heart got heavy. before i knew it i was crying too. i left the table and sat on the steps and closed the door. i cried briefly and went back before either of them checked on me.

moments later my dad broke down and cried.

"tia please! don't do this to me baby." he cried to my mama on one knee.

"i can't compete with drugs jonathan and i'm surely ain't finna have my daughter around that mess!"

"i'll do better baby."

my mom saw right through his bullshit. she shook her head and grabbed my hand.

"we're leaving." was all she said and my father stood to his feet.

we moved swiftly to her car and i was buckled in and my dad came to the car.

"you seriously gone leave me?"

"it seems that you have other things important and i can't allow liyah to be treated like an option."

i stared out the window at the two before my mother got in and drove off.

we didn't go far we were back at my grandmas house. that's where we lived since my grandfather passed about a year ago, my parents both started living with their parents after their fathers died.