XII

aaliyah moor

aaliyah moor

"so he sent a big ass paragraph and you're going to dinner with your ex?" aria asked me.

"it's not even like that." i say eating my life saver gummies slowly.

"what's it like then?" Diamonté my friend from work asked.

"i don't know how to explain it yall." i sigh in frustration.

it wasn't hard to explain at all. he texted me saying it was something for his mother, i love her dearly and i knew her birthday was approaching everybody did. so i was going to her birthday dinner, as his date.

"did you at least let polo know?" diamonté asked.

the fact she's calling him by that stage name makes me giggle.

"you laughing girl?" aria steps in.

"y'all are stressing me out."

"because you're moving funny."

"how?" i ask putting my gummies down.

"you was just with one man, walking through his mansion like it was yours. now your ex need you to be his date for the night and you going?" aria explained "pretty fucked up."

"what about the dirts he's doing? we not even together."

"and the moment he uses that line on you, you'll never believe in love again. tell me i'm wrong." aria said looking me dead in my eyes "at least tell him what you're doing."

"it doesn't seem necessary plus he'll never find out."

"and if he does?" diamonté says "sis we just helping you play it safe."

"i'll text em." i huff.

"good, and when he say you can't go you better tell Kandice son your MAN said no." diamonté said making us all laugh.

i grabbed my phone off the ottoman and go to me and Taurus' messages.

i simply state that it was my ex's moms birthday and she'd like for me to attend her dinner, out of respect for him i wanted to see if it was okay.

not even six minutes later he texted back saying it was coo. but if he decided to do the same i shouldn't get mad. that's what did it for me.

"i can't go." i whine.

"aww poor mookie." aria rubs my back.

"i really needed to see Kandice though."

"why?" they both ask.

"well, we're still close i just choose not to call or answer her phone calls just because i always think it's him. but i have so much to catch her up on. that's my homegirl and the love for her i have is still there."

"just text that lady."

"ima have to." i say grabbing my phone once again texting Kameron on instagram that i wouldn't be able to make it, something came up.

he started questioning me and telling me his mom was really looking forward to seeing me all this extra shit. i just didn't reply.

i went to my room with diamonte behind me. Diamonté was a beautiful girl i met just a few months ago, maybe like six months ago but it seems like i knew her forever.

"so what's up with that love life of yours?" i ask her sitting on my bed.

"well, me and Wayne aren't gonna work out and i've excepted that" she talks and i nod. "i'm not really looking to meet anybody right now ya know? i need to be alone anyways, you know i haven't been without a man in four years girl. if me and wayne were off i was always entertaining someone else or if always go back to him."

"whew i know that all too well." i let out a breath and hold my heart

"girl." she playfully waves me off.

"it's gonna get better just hang in there. spend time with your family and try to keep your mind of off a nigga."

"yeah i've been hanging in there." she gives a tight lip smile.

"you okay?"

"yeah." she says.

i didn't believe that though but i decided to drop it for now.

"alright y'all i'm out." aria popped her head in.

"okay, love you.

"love you too." she blows a kiss before leaving.

aria was the non-emotional one. she showed emotion the least but when she did you know it was built up. for her to tell me she loved me just warms my heart.

"you staying?" i ask going to my closet.

"if you don't mind."

"not at all." i smile.

i changed into some old gym shorts and a old t-shirt. i grabbed a pair of shorts for Diamonté along with a shirt.

"thanks girl." she went to my bathroom.

i texted Taurus that i didn't go to the dinner and i appreciate him telling me how he felt about me. i wasn't used to it so i didn't really know how to respond. he hearted the message and texted back but i couldn't even open it before i went to sleep.