VII

aaliyah moor

aaliyah moor

"i'll take the steak and cheese omelette with a side of hash browns." i tell the waitress.

"okay anything else?"

"as of now, no ma'am." i shake my head collecting my menu.

"okay hun, i'll be out with everything shortly." she smiles with her thin lips before reaching at my menu leaving my presence.

i promised myself monthly at least i'd take myself out on a date, if i went to get my nails done, hair done, shopping, or out to eat anything that involved me spoiling and focusing on myself, today was one of those days. i was going to eat breakfast at this upscale restaurant by myself and next i'd be going shopping, still debating if i should get my toes done or not.

"here you go miss." the lady said bringing me my food.

i seasoned my hash browns with salt and pepper but it wasn't enough, i'd add ketchup if needed.

i hum at the taste of the omelette. it was so melty and good. the egg was soft and the steak was tender and seasoned well, the cheese just topped it off. the other ingredients played a part too but not as important.

i finished my whole meal and got in my car. i would be going to the mall just to get clothes i didn't need.

"excuse me." i heard as i scan the racks in H&M.

"yes?" i ask meeting face to face with a dude.

he was tall at least 6'3, brown caramel skin, and waves. he wore a white gucci hoodie and light wash jeans with holes.

"i just wanted to tell you, you beautiful ma." his tongue licked over his bottom lip.

"oh, thank you." i smile and notice a group of boys behind him.

he's gotta be a high schooler. that's all that came to thought.

"those your friends?"

i ask and he shakes his head no.

"nah." he turns to them and he squints "that's my little brother."

"oh."

"Kp!" he calls out and the boy jogs his way over.

"what's up." they dap each other up. "hey."

"hi."

"who this?" his brother ask.

"i was just about to ask that." he looked at me.

"aaliyah." i say sticking my hand out to the brother.

"nice to meet you, i'm Kp . me and my friends think you real pretty." he said and i thank him.

"ima see you at home." his brother dismisses him basically.