XXI

taurus bartlett

taurus bartlett

i ain't make it far with shorty. let me play it back for you.

"i didn't think you were gonna show up." she said with just a robe on.

"i wasn't going to." i shrug sitting on her couch.

"why you acting like that?" she scrunches her face up.

"my bad." i chuckle "my humor just different."

"mhm." she climbs into my lap.

my hands roam her body just tryna get a feel for it. her skin was soft and a deep shade of brown. she was pretty no doubt about it, she just wasn't aaliyah.

she wasn't getting me hard at all.

"i'm sorry, Olivia." i pause her.

"what's wrong?" she looked at me worried.

"i just can't do it."

"oh i get it." she rolls off me.

"again though, i'm sorry."

"it's all good i definitely know why, that girl got your head gone." she says making me freeze.

"what you mean?"i nervously chuckle.

i didn't think anybody knew about her. we hide pretty well, limited pictures, and not a single post where either is present.

"you and that girl. get right with her." she smiles softly.

she walks me out and i get in my car. i sat to think for a moment and once i pulled off all i could think of was aaliyah.

aaliyah, aaliyah, aaliyah.

that's all that was on my mind.

i thought i had did everything when really, i didn't. i found her cousin's instagram and dmed her just waiting on a response.

aaliyah moor

aaliyah moor

"you should've called me, why you never call me?"i sang jhene aiko Never Call Me

i sway my hips as i sing into the broom.

i wore my hair in a low bun, i had on my beauty supply glasses on and wore my black nike pro shorts and cropped white tank top.

"you just love performing in my kitchen" my mama laughs at me.

"bye mama." i laugh.

"i'm off to work see you later." she says walking out.

i cleaned up the kitchen pretty nicely and once i was done i went to clean the bathroom.

"hold on." my music stops and i seen maya calling.

"liyah."

"yes." i ask cleaning out my sink.

"polo texted me, look liyah." she shares her screen.

i read the little paragraph he sent and he really seemed genuine but i still needed time. i don't think things will ever go back to how i wanted it.

"i don't care block him." i shrug.

"you sure?"

"no." i sigh "tell me if he say anything else."

"what do i say?" she ask.

the paragraph just contained a whole bunch of where she at and is she safe. that kind of stuff. he still cared even after i said i hate him.

"just tell him i'm good and away at the moment but i'll be back in a month or two." i shrug getting my
bubble slides.

i was getting my day started though.

i left the house just like this and went to target.

i knew exactly what i came for so there was no need to wonder off and spend unnecessary money.

"you polo g girl right?" some random stopped me.

"excuse me?"

"polo g, the rapper? you his woman right?" he ask again he couldn't be any older than 17.

"how would you know that?"

"look." he gets to typing on his phone then shows me and polo spotted outside the hotel.

that was ages ago why this picture just now spreading like this?

"that's old."

"oh so y'all not together anymore?"

"we were never together just real good friends." i chuckle.

"oh well you real pretty miss." he smiles.

"thank you." i give a soft smile and push my cart.

i left the area and got what i needed and it's like i saw his face everywhere i looked.

i walked pass the vinyl there was his GOAT album.i seen some teen girl with his face on her shirt. i just couldn't breathe.

maybe i missed him, a lot more than i should. shaking my head, why did this have to happen to me? all the people in the world and it happens to me, twice.

as soon as i got home i grabbed the house phone and called him.