Chapter 11

PAKIRAMDAM niya may sumabog na bomba sa harapan niya nang makita ang video. Xyria was keeping it to her for a long time now.

"Wala ako na balak ipakita 'yan sayo. Because, I am a woman. I respect her privacy even if she didn't respect us. She didn't even think how our family would feel before turning her back on you. But, seeing you like this... Akala ko hiwalay na kayo, tama na 'yon sa akin. I'll let it slide... And now, I can't. She'll pay for this."

That was his sister's words before leaving the office, leaving him behind after dropping a shocking news. Hindi alam ni Light kung ilang oras siyang nakatulala sa lamesa niya. His body can't move. His mind can't function. He feels empty. Tinatanong niya ng paulit ulit ang sarili kung saan siya nagkulang. Was it too much for Vyel? Or maybe, there's something in that man na wala sa kanya.

Light wonders what was that.

When he came back to his senses, agad siyang umuwi sa bahay nila sa Pearl Village para tignan kung totoo ang sinasabi ng kapatid niya.

Bumungad sa kanya ang katahimikan. The house was clean, thanks to the house keepers. Kung paano ang ayos ng mga gamit nila noong umalis si Vyel pa Batangas, ganoon pa rin ang mga 'yon. He can hear her calling his name. Their last dinner together.

Light smiled bitterly.

He can't understand himself. He feels empty yet he's not hurting that much. Mas tamang pangalanan ang nararamdaman niya ng 'Disappointment'.

His plans were crushing. Ang gusto niya noon, sa bahay na ito sila gagawa ng masasayang memorya, it happened though, they were happy back then. Dito sila nag celebrate ng birthday niya, birthday ni Vyel, small party because they both passed the examination. They used to sat on the sofa set they bought together, and do nothing, just cuddling each other while enjoying the silence in between them.

Light can't help but to ask himself. What if he disagreed and begged her to stay here, na walang aalis, mangyayari ba ang ganito sa kanila?

Binuksan niya ang mga ilaw at tamad na umakyat sa taas, papunta sa kwarto nilang dalawa.

Where they used to sleep. Used to work. Everything.

He open the door and turned the lights on. Sumandal siya sa hamba ng pintuan at inilibot ang paningin sa buong kwarto. Bahagya pa na nakabukas ang closet nila ni Vyel. Lumipat ang paningin niya sa lamesa nilang dalawa. Nandoon pa rin ang mga paper bags na may laman ng mga gamit na pinamili niya noong naghahanap siya ng maireregalo sa kambal. Inuwi niya 'yon dito para makita agad ni Vyel pag-uwi nito.

He sighed and went inside. His hands were inside his jeans pocket.

"I messed up..." Light whispered to himself. Umupo siya sa dulo ng kama at ipinatong ang mga siko sa magkabilaan niyang binti.

Hinayaan niya lang na kumalma ang sarili bago tumayo. Balak niya na puntahan si Vyel sa Batangas, he needs to know her side too. He's actually more than ready to begged her to come back despite of what she did.

"Light..."

He immediately lift up his head and his face lightened up when he saw Vyel. Standing there. She looks radiant, and he can also tell that she loose some weight.

"Vyel, what took you so long?" He asked, smiling. Masking the disappointment he's feeling a while back. Light strode to her  and was about to hug her but she stepped back. "What's wrong?"

"Light... I... There's something..."

He hummed and looked at her gently. "Yes, babi? What is it?" He asked.

"I don't deserve this kind of treatment from you..." She uttered. Light shake his head when he saw a glimpse of emotion in her eyes... She looks scared of him.