Chapter 27

THE MEETING with his client was successful, and all he needed to do was to collaborate with the engineers and change some of the building design. He preferred to create architectural models, but most of his clients wanted to see a realistic outcome, rendering it is.

"It's nice to see you again, man! Last time was fun, you're much easier to work with than your father. He's strict!" He exaggerated.

Nakatrabaho na niya ang Papa niya. It was fun, at least, for him. Siguro ay dahil magkasundo silang dalawa pagdating sa personal na bagay maski na sa trabaho.

"Ah, you haven't seen that side of me." Naiiling na sagot niya rito.

Hindi siya kasing higpit ng Papa niya. But if his co-workers weren't cooperative enough for him, he'll cursed them until they'll realize what kind of field they've chose. Hindi sila mga Doctor, pero buhay rin ang hawak ng mga kamay nila.

"I will continue to work hard, Architect. I don't have any death wish," biro nito sa kanya.

Light just chuckled and pat his shoulder as they parted ways. Gamit niya ang BMW na pinahiram sa kanya ni Jyrelle, as if he has a choice.

Feeling tired, he unconsciously drove towards Vyrlle's company.

He pulled an all nighter para matapos ang design na ginawa niya. His ideas were overflowing that he couldn't help himself but to finish what he started. He even prepared breakfast for Vyrlle before taking a quick nap.

"That damn monster!"

Light heard someone from his back hissed. He usually listens to what other people talking but not today, may iba siyang agenda sa pagpunta niya rito. And that was to see his two sunshine.

He was checking his emails as he went inside the elevator and pressed the top floor where Vyrlle's office was located.

"She didn't approve my proposal, she even threatened me if I pushed this one through!"

Light clicked his tongue. They must be talking about Vyrlle. There's only one person who's carrying the blood of Lopez and Clemente.

"Excuse me, you're too loud." He politely said.

Nahihiya na ngumiti sa kanya ang katabi nito. Talking behind his sunshine back didn't suit Light. As long as he wanted to interfere, he couldn't. He'll let Vyrlle handle this one.

Nang makarating siya sa top floor nakasalubong niya si Rayos na karga si Luca. The little girl smiled at him and raised her hands.

"Kuya! Thank God! You're here!" Rayos exclaimed.

Without asking her why, kinuha niya sa bisig nito ang bata. Nang mahawakan na niya ito, pakiramdam ni Light nawala lahat ng pagod niya sa katawan. Balewala ang puyat. Just one smile from the baby he's holding and he feels better.

Paano pa kaya kung makita niya ang ina nito.

"Vyrlle's super busy! Can you take care of her for the meantime? I still have a class to attend. I promise, babalik agad ako kapag maaga kaming matatapos." Nagmamadali na sabi nito.

Light smiled at her warmly. "No worries, go, ako na ang bahala rito."

Rayos thanked him and ran.

"Miss me?" Light asked her.

"Da!" She answered.

His eyes widened because that was the first time he heard her talk. Luca was a very quiet baby, noong nag mall sila, it's either ngingiti ito sa kanya o tatawa, sometimes she'll just create cute sounds.

"You're talking now, can you say ma-ma?" Light slowly talked.

"Da!"

Pigil ang ngiti ni Light sa ka cute-an nito. He pressed his forefinger against his lips and playfully wink at Vyrlle's secretary when she saw him.